They Walk Alike, Talk Alike, and Park Alike

My sister and I are six years apart in age. Despite the age difference, my sister and I are two peas in a pod. We both walk fast, talk fast, use the same hand gestures when speaking, and often, unbeknownst to us, show up to wherever we are to be in the same outfits. I noticed the other day in the nursing home parking, where our dad is in residence, that my sister and I also park alike. Sis walked from her parked vehicle over to mine, and I lamented, "I wish I would learn how to park properly." We both glanced at Sis's vehicle, and yes, she parked just like I did. Her right rear tire was on the white line, positioned exactly like my right rear tire.  Parking must be genetic too.
That's hilarious!!! Our new big car has lane assist, or I'd be parking like both of you girls, too!
Well, since we are short, Sis likes her truck better than her other car because she can see the lines. I thought the SUV allowing me to see the lines would help, but apparently not that much.
@Corbin5 I couldn't see anything with my SUV except what was straight ahead of me! lol
Isn't that funny? I know it happens a lot with twins but haven't heard of it with sisters.
We will send emails to each other at the same time of day on the same subject matter. That is a bit scary.
@Corbin5 Wow, that is a bit scary indeed. You must have a very close relationship. I'm sure some scientist somewhere would love to study the connection between the two of you.
@JudyEv I imagine they would have a lot of fun studying the two of us.
Could be, could be Deborah..by the way, I like your truck better.
Well, thank you! Sis and I are short, and being raised a bit does help us park reasonably well, but not well.
she had plenty of room there to park inside the white line.LOL
So did I, but neither one of us parked correctly.
@Corbin5 I am just the opposite .I park inside the white line.To stay away from others as many are very careless opening the door and hitting the car.Not the adult as much but the kids.They are reckless when they do this.I have seen this so many times and make be cringe
@amadeo Yes, if a parking lot is crowded, I park far away from the other cars to avoid someone hitting my car with their door. I have a longer walk, but that's OK.
@velvet53 (16278)
• Palisade, Colorado
Ha Ha You two are just a like
Yes, very much alike. She is wonderful.
@velvet53 (16278)
• Palisade, Colorado
@Corbin5 It is great to have a sister like yours.
• Preston, England
I inherited my total inability to drive from my father
I do believe compromised driving abilities are inherited.
I am not agree with you. Driving ability always depends his or her capability.
• Riga, Latvia
Whatever is is you're lucky to have a sister. I wish I had one.
Oh yes, I am so fortunate to have a sister. We love our brother, but he lives in another state and rarely visits.
@alberello75 (17116)
• Genova, Italy
Lucky you! You have a decent sister! Not like my brother. He is a bully, always wrong with pretending to be right! He has no justification. However, guilt is also ours that allowing him to do what he wants. This is definitely wrong! Do you think? My parents, before this circumstance, seem "fake dummies"
It seems that your brother has been enabled all his life, and now he acts like he can behave as he wants. Yes, my sister is wonderful, as is my brother.
@alberello75 (17116)
• Genova, Italy
@Corbin5 To many people (including doctors), I have exposed this situation. Everyone, however, "blaming" our parents. But I ask this question: Me and him are sons of the same parents, okay, but why we are so different in the behavior?
@alberello75 My husband's youngest brother was the one who was spoiled beyond belief by his parents, and of course, he has never learned to handle anything on his own. I do think that perhaps your brother was treated differently by your parents than you were. You may not have observed it, but I think it is a factor.
I had to look at that a couple times as I thought that truck was perfectly parked, then I saw the hint of a line under the tires. Never thought of it as genetic before. I know I can't park straight. I need to have a good lead to park between two cars, which I need to do at the apartment complex. I'm glad the parking lots are good and wide to allow me to make the necessary moves to get it in as straight as possible.
I, too, am thankful for those wide parking spaces. No way could I get that car parked reasonably well in a narrow one.
@Corbin5 I have narrow spaces here, but a very wide parking area so that I can turn the car into that narrow spot without compromising the vehicles on either side. You can see the distance between the buildings in this picture of my car.
@just4him That wide parking lot does come in handy!!
@Lucky15 (33423)
hahaha.
We laughed too when we both realized neither one of us can park a car correctly.
@Lucky15 (33423)
@Corbin5 my girl siblings walk the same, fast and not girly, we have this voice that not girly too
Hmmmmm, sounds like your twin was late gettin into the world
Yes, she is my twin. A delayed twin she is.
@Corbin5 I'm glad you have a sister you get along with, it would be nice if we all did.
@garymarsh6 (13423)
Definitely two peas in a pod!
We definitely need to practice parking between the lines rather than on the line.
@deazil (4556)
My sister and I have many similarities. But she's 10 years older than I and left home when she was 16 to join a convent. So she wasn't there to influence me at all. Odd how we have such similar habits, likes and dislikes, as our siblings. It's fun. Especially the parking you and your sister do. LOL
Yes, it is so much fun to notice the similarities between us and our siblings.
@deazil (4556)
@Corbin5 I liked it when I visited my sister in Colorado years ago. I met her friends and they couldn't believe how much alike we were. If I said something, one of them would say "You sound just like your sister! She says that all the time." Or they mentioned the fact that we had the same ideas about things. It was funny. We spent a lot of time laughing with her friends over it. Well, for a couple of days anyway. After that the novelty kind of wore off.
@deazil It is so much fun when others recognize those similarities. People always mention the fact that my sister and I have the same hand gestures when speaking.
I park like that too.
You must be my sister too!!! Hooray!
@Corbin5 Your long lost sister lol!
@gilggg (2666)
• Israel
You are biological sisters and sisters in the soul.
Yes, we are. I do cherish my little sister.
@gilggg (2666)
• Israel
@Corbin5 My older sister who is older than me in 9 years is like a second mother to me ...
@gilggg That is so good to know, my friend!
@bunnybon7 (35856)
• Holiday, Florida
i know what you mean. my youngest daughter have a lot we do alike too.
Yes, it is amazing how similar family members can be.
@bunnybon7 (35856)
• Holiday, Florida
@Corbin5 nature or nurture as they say
• Pamplona, Spain
How lucky to have a sort of twin sister. You must get on very well I imagine so at least. Great photo. Glad you have her as a Sister.
Yes, we do get along really well. I consider Sis a gift from God.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Corbin5 She must be yes indeed.
That is too funny! My sister and I are alike in many ways as well.
It is a lot of fun to notice how much sisters can be so alike.
@Corbin5 Yes it is, I agree!
@bluesa (13427)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Lol! It must be. My sister and I are 4 and a half years apart and people keep thinking we're twins. :)
Yes, you and your sister much look so much a like. My brother and I were mistaken for twins in high school, but my sister and I have not.
That is funny! My sister and I have nearly identical voices. Whenever I hear her I think so that is what I sound like. I have been told many a time..you sound just like your sister! Maybe she sounds like me!!! lol.
Yes, let's say she wound like you!!!!!