What do you think are the limits of humanity? Is there something that we really cannot do?

If we look at the history of mankind, it's evident that we have been able to surpass the expectations of every generation. We have been able to make machines that can take us around fast and all we have to do is sit in it and direct it. We used to think only birds could fly, but now we take flight for granted. We used to be humbled by the moon and stars, but now we've not only landed on the moon, but also on Mars. So that may make one wonder, what are our limits really? And I think this is something to think about because we often limit humanity based on our current progress. We may have the idea of "impossible" and "never" attached to certain things because of current scientific knowledge and our comfort in that. But since Science and technology are constantly evolving, maybe we should allow ourselves to be more open to what really can be done. But that's just me. What do you think?
@mohit459 (2319)
• Haldwani, India
I don't think so, we can do anything now! Tech has been so much upgraded we can't even think!!
Exactly, right? I think artificial intelligence has the most exciting possibilities. It will help us automate more and more boring, repetitive tasks so we can focus on skilled work that requires human creativity.
@mohit459 (2319)
• Haldwani, India
@InquisitiveMind ya and same drawback too!!
@mohit459 (2319)
• Haldwani, India
@InquisitiveMind ya I will!!
@Shiva49 (9209)
To realize our real potential we have to stick to the adage - united we stand, divided we fall. Increasingly we are capable of total destruction of the planet as technology and scientific progress cut both ways. Once we cross that hump, then the sky's the limit as the saying goes - siva
Hmm... yeah, I suppose you have a point. We have the potential for both great good and progress, and great bad and destruction. So we need to make sure that we stay focussed on the good we can produce together and try to make living a better experience. Yeah, indeed. There's so much we can accomplish if we keep going and give opportunities to the talented and hardworking :)
@Shiva49 (9209)
@InquisitiveMind The choice cannot be clearer as history has taught us the lessons. Then it is up to us which path we want to choose - siva
@mandala100 (25006)
@InquisitiveMind The present generation is the generation that I'll rather be: this is the modern time and so far we are still in the peak of human progress, invention and technology. The present generation is the meeting point between the past and the future in a manner of speaking my friend.
Oh, that's interesting. Yeah, it is a great time to be alive in some ways. A lot of people make fun of or have negative attitudes towards the present time, but there is also so much good happening too. But yeah, there are definitely some things we should be concerned about and trying to avoid. But I think we'll be able to make it through.
@mandala100 (25006)
@InquisitiveMind That's right my friend and Humanity is always a survivor through times and history my friend.