I'm Back!

Boise, Idaho
Well, I reached the lowest low I have ever reached in my depression. Tuesday night August the 16th I called the crisis line. I was feeling extremely hopeless and at the end of my rope. I knew I couldn't make it through the night without some assistance. Made it through that night. Wednesday evening at 6p. I had my annual medical check up. I broke down infront of my doctor. She felt I was in crisis and sent me to St. Al's ER. From there I went to their mental health unit. I've been there until today (Monday-August 28th) Long time. Went to groups given by psych therapists on subjects like 'relationships' and 'anxiety'. We had recreation time where we could do art or play some games. The staff was wonderful and I met some interesting characters who were fellow patients. My doctor was a jewel. He prescribed an anti-depressant(one I have taken before and that stays in the system so I don't have to worry if I am without it for a day or two) and a PRN which is a med I can take as needed. So I feel confident I can combat high anxiety in the future. No tummy aches when I get anxiety ridden now. Wow! It's good to be back.
I was in panic mode worried about you. Even my mom was praying for you on the phone. I know how you feel about that. But I let her do it. I am very happy to see your back. Just in time for the month to end. I almost admit myself the other night. But I did not want to go to my local hospital.
Hope you are okay. I am doing well. Miss the other patients I made friends with. Hope they all do well.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
I am so happy to hear from you again. I was so worried about you and hadn't seen you online in some time. I was about to call the house and see if you were OK. Today you are back and I am so happy to hear that you finally had some help. This makes me feel better and now I can stop worrying about you.
I feel pretty good. Had a positive experience. Now if I can just get the PRN med I will be happy.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
@celticeagle Things will work out and I am sure you will be able to get the meds you need soon.
@poehere ......I will check it out with my usual doc on the 5th.
I am happy you were able to get help. I once called a crisis line and they told me to call back in the morning as if I was safe they couldn't talk to me.
What an experience, huh? They pretty much told me the same thing. Told me call the 211 number for info in the morning.
@celticeagle my therapist was shocked they told me to call back. My therapist last time early August gave me a different number and it says a 24 hour line to call about anything. The hospital also gave me a card of a different number. I also got a page, I guess the girl who gave out the menus while we were sleeping ,put it on my bed side table a thing with all these numbers to call in my county as it was there when I awakened? I am glad you are okay now did you get a med change? I was put on lithium my first time in the hospital this year. The second time I was taken off almost all meds and I feel much better!
@Marty1 .......Sometimes that is all it takes. Lithium is a good one but it is one you will want to have the levels in your blood checked periodically. Hopefully your doctor told you this.
@sallypup (27054)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm glad you had fun in boot camp. I have been wondering and wondering about you. You sound stronger. I'm sure glad of that. I'm glad you found a super decent doc. Hugs and more hugs from me.
Oh, yes the doctor was wonderful. I am sorry I made you wonder. I thought about you all and wished I had a way to sent a post but didn't have access until yesterday.
@sallypup (27054)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@celticeagle I'm just glad you are okay.
@sallypup .....So am I.
Oh wow. I'm sorry. Glad you got the help you needed instead of pretending you didn't need it or just not getting it.
Thanks. I am too.
@celticeagle here if you ever need to talk. Just message me
@Courtlynn ......Thank you. Nice of you.
• Pamplona, Spain
Very happy that you are okay now and a few others are trying to see where you are also.
Thank you. Happy to be back. I hope I didn't worry anyone too much. No access to a computer where I was.
• Pamplona, Spain
@celticeagle Good to see you here anyway.
@lovinangelsinstead21 .......Thank you. I am glad to be back.
@TheSojourner (17454)
So glad to see you back. I've been wondering what was going on. Know that there are people out here who really do care about you! Glad you had a great Dr. That's always comforting.
Yes it is. On both fronts.
@CoralLevang ........
Wow, what an experience. Glad the doc got you help asap and now the right meds so you won't have to worry.
Yes, and I am still around to go on about it. Being on the right meds is so important. Big part of the mental health battle.
@celticeagle You sound nice and chipper and that's great!!!!
@AbbyGreenhill ......Thank you my friend. I feel it.
@bunnybon7 (36431)
• Holiday, Florida
sounds great. my anxiety meds they gave me also upset my stomach so i quit. never found any good one
These don't hurt my tum-tum. Actually the Prozac helped to stop the tummy ache I had due to anxiety.
@bunnybon7 (36431)
• Holiday, Florida
@celticeagle yes people are different with reactions. i know
@bunnybon7 ......Yes, we are all individuals.
I am glad you were able to get the help you needed and that there are medicines that do help you out.
So true.
I am glad you got the help you need. It's so important to reach out when we need to. A lot of us are too scared to do so.
Yes, people are so silly when it comes to mental health.
@resukill22 (4862)
I'm happy your back and doing well
How sweet of you!
Glad you are back
Thank you. I am so glad to be back. Missed you all and the great comradery we have here.
Welcome back Celtic.
Thanks Ocean.
Glad to see you back! I was worried, so glad your okay now. =)
Thanks. I am feeling okay. Hope things go okay.