Sometimes I Just Gotta Be Bad

I am the one that hollers about controlling the sweets in this house. Admittedly we don't always eat healthy, but I do try to keep our eating habits as healthy as possible. A mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do, right? Well today I blew it. Today at the store I noticed that ice cream was on sale. As the temps are triple digits all this week, I figured why not get some ice cream. Just some. So I got tubs of French Vanilla, Butter Pecan, Strawberry, Cookies and Cream, and Rocky Road. Good thing the other flavors in this brand were all sold out . I know I did a bad thing, but I doubt the kids will think so . Do you ever do something so bad that it's so good ? By the way, I write this post as I'm sitting here eating a vanilla ice cream sandwich. Yah, I got a box of those too .
Your house sounds like the perfect place to be right now!! We have carrots here. Darn!
They have carrot cake, so why not carrot ice cream (I'd buy it!!!)
Bad Mom!!! Bad!!! *confiscates all the ice cream
Confiscate ? Whatcha gonna do with all MY ice cream???
@much2say Get fatter
@JolietJake *confiscating back all the ice cream . . . unless you ate 'em already !
• Lakewood, Colorado
Oh my wish to be at your house right now
Come over and take your pick @TiarasOceanView! Ice cream dish with your name on it here .
• Lakewood, Colorado
@much2say I would be there in a heartbeat if I could..anyway, its fine, you got to be bad sometimes..so sorry it is so boiling out there right now..you must be burning up
@TiarasOceanView Oh I wish I could send you some, but well, I don't think you will want ice cream soup at your door . I can stand heat, but today was a scorcher .. . 108 apparently! How is the weather out your way?
@velvet53 (15373)
• Palisade, Colorado
Ha Ha That is one of my favorites. it is just me and I don't eat a lot of sweets but who can pass up ice cream when it is on sale and it is super hot outside. I bet no one complained.
I "try" not eat a lot of sweets - but sometimes that darn sugar gets the best of me - it knows how to lure me in . Oh yah, it was a seriously good deal and the kids offered to help eat them .
@velvet53 (15373)
• Palisade, Colorado
@much2say Now that's good that they offered to help eat some. Did you think you were going to have to eat it all by yourself?
@velvet53 I guess it was wishful thinking .
I'm trying to stop eating sweets cold turkey. I started this yesterday. So far so good.
I love cold turkey
@teamfreak16 I've done that before, um, many times. But then one little bite of something and then I lose my head (then it all gets lost to my tummy ). Good luck!
I have made vanilla ice cream two days ago and yesterday I made a strawberry frozen yogurt and a lemon ice cream. The heat is back, a little ice cream while watching the TV after dinner is appreciated.
Nice!! I have not made homemade dairy desserts yet . . . do you have a machine to do that? Ah, so it's hot again out there too? It's definitely ice cream weather!
@much2say Yes, I have a small ice cream machine that I bought at my Aldi supermarket for 20$.
@LadyDuck Sounds well worth it! Are you doing the yogurt in there too? I want to make natural yogurt at home too!
• Otis Orchards, Washington
Vanilla ice cream sandwich–yum. Neapolitan ice cream sandwich–yum-yum. You a baaaad mama!
It's funny you say Neapolitan . . . I actually did see a tub of that - but didn't get it because I was already getting the individual flavors (well, Rocky Road was closest to chocolate). I didn't see the sandwich though, maybe they were sold out of those. Oh could eat a billion of those vanilla ice cream sandwiches! Living on a dairy farm, did you guys have a lot of ice cream?
• Otis Orchards, Washington
@much2say I haven't seen a whole lot of Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches but I've eaten a few. And I do like the vanilla ice cream sandwiches as well, but given the choice I would pick the Neapolitan ice cream sandwich. We had ice cream in the summer but I can only remember making it once on the farm. Someone showed up with an ice cream maker and we made ice cream with it. We didn't own an ice cream maker. They talked about getting one but never did. It was said the electric ice cream maker didn't make as good ice cream as the hand crank one. And if you ever made ice cream with a hand crank one you would find out how hard that is.
@RichardMeister When I was a kid, I used to eat the strawberry end first - then the chocolate - and saved the vanilla for last (vanilla being my favorite). I just had a vanilla sandwich . . . I am certain I could eat a whole box in one sitting . I've never owned an electric or hand crank ice cream maker. So was the ice cream you made pretty good? We made an itty bit last summer with a couple ziploc bags, ice cream salt, cream, and vanilla (can't remember if we put sugar in it) - you just shake the bags for a long time. It turned into frozen cream, but the kids didn't think it tasted like "ice cream".
I want a vanilla ice cream sandwich... I buy the pints and when I want to eat it... its gone!
I love vanilla ice cream sandwiches! Hey, who is eating up your ice cream!!!
@much2say My fiancé I need to buy ice cream we both don't like!
@hereandthere (21873)
how big are those 5 tubs of ice cream?
The packaging says 1.5 Quarts (1.41L). And the box of ice cream sandwiches has 6 in them. The price was so good, I seriously would have bought all the flavors, but these were all that were available.
@much2say i guess it's easy if you have a big fridge or freezer.
@hereandthere It's not the biggest, maybe average size for here. The fridge is on top and the freezer is on the bottom. Recently we had a long black out, so I sadly had to throw out all the frozen meats. That conveniently made more room for multiple tubs of ice cream .
@YrNemo (5753)
Ice cream has high content of milk, right? Therefore, ice cream is good! (You gave me a good idea there, I need milk, but I am lazy to get it right today. I have plenty of ice cream though... )
Yes, we get a good dose of calcium from eating ice cream . You can melt the ice cream and drink it (milk shake?).
@YrNemo (5753)
@much2say Very fashionable that drink, they charge you an arm and a leg for it everywhere!
@YrNemo I know, right? If we have it, we make it at home - and make a whole lot more!
All varieties of ice cream make my mouth water,though they aren't our daily food and hardly eat them.I don't have a sweet tooth,but sometimes spoil myself eating some.
I like almost all flavors of ice cream . . . but as much as I like chocolate, I do not like chocolate ice cream. I am trying to cut out much of the sugar in our diet - so this obviously does not help. But I guess it's ok to spoil ourselves every now and then. I am satisfied with just one small scoop . . . my husband and kids can eat a big dish of it.
@much2say Oh,a big dish of it! That is too much for ones need.It would put on weight if eat it frequently.Now I understand why you have to control the sweets in your house.
@changjiangzhibin89 Yes, the sweet tooth comes from my husband's side of the family. I can be a sweet tooth too, but not like them! I end up getting sick when I have too much sugar in my system. Moderation is best, but with ice cream I think one needs to be more than moderate.
Nothing wrong with going overboard sometimes - long as it doesn't happen every day. I have my decadent favorites at least once every three months.
You have great will power for only having it once every three months. May I ask what your decadent favorite is?
@much2say These are a few of them: Milk shakes, Dunkin Donuts - if I could find them, milk chocolates , fish burger with cheese, mayo and tomatoes , apple pie and other pastries.
@Kandae11 Ohhhhh, that's my kinda decadent list !
You are hilarious! Love it!!!!! Of course you have to be bad at times of sales! I am bad with shopping, and it feels so good until the bills arrive.
Who can resist a good sale, right? We sure can't ! My kids know how much I hark on eating too much sugar . . . so you can imagine how shocked they were that I bought all that ice cream!
@much2say I hear ya, and what a happy shock it must have been for them!
@DianneN Oh yes, ice cream never disappoints!
@RubyHawk (20730)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Sometimes I make big mistakes but go ahead and everyone enjoy the ice cream.
Yes, this is one where everyone can enjoy being bad .
@RubyHawk (20730)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Sometimes mistakes turn out so good.@much2say
@antonbunot (8890)
• Calgary, Alberta
Man, you mentioned Rocky Road . . . I got to buy one. I love ice cream.
We ran out (the kids and Hubby ate that one) . . . so if you go buy one, could you please pick me up another tub of it too?
• Calgary, Alberta
@much2say Sure, sure! Where are we going to meet to hand you your Rocky Road?
@antonbunot Hmmmmm . . . there must be some place between Calgary and Los Angeles . . . I just hope the road is not rocky !
Oh you just reminded me I need a creamsicle!
Oh definitely go get one and enjoy!!!
@much2say Only 80 calories..so not so bad!!
@snowy22315 Really? You can have 2 of 'em!
@ilocosboy (28226)
Its not that bad, you know once in a while we gotta get sweet.
True, it's ok to treat ourselves every now and then (but I have a feeling every now and then will happen often this week ).
@ilocosboy (28226)
@much2say oh you should your sugar he he
@ilocosboy We will diet next week .
@dgobucks226 (4826)
Yes, I am a bad boy! Turkey hill chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream is my pleasure And I just had to buy some chocolate chip cookies over Labor Day weekend. Cookie anyone?
Sometimes it just feels good to be bad, doesn't it? Have you had those ice cream sandwiches . . . chocolate chip cookie on the outside with ice cream in between . . . ohhh I crave one now !
@much2say I have not but that sounds very tempting I always enjoy those frozen snickers bars from the grocery store. They remind me of the Good Humor ice cream truck with all those treats I'll have to check out those ice cream sandwiches next time I'm bad
Well, it's not all the time you get to each ice cream, but then you just need to learn how to moderate.
I know . . . but my kids do not want to learn what moderate is .
@resukill22 (3531)
I like ice cream, I eat ice cream double Dutch yesterday, it was good
I'm sure it was! What exactly is in a double Dutch ice cream?