Playing In The Flooded Roads In Texas

@velvet53 (15379)
Palisade, Colorado
I just seen a comment from my S-I-L on FB about people playing in the water. I don't think these people realize what kind of a problem that is causing some people. They don't realize the waves they are creating is making worse floods in some areas. I know that people like to have fun but they also need to stop and think. Maybe they don't care if their place gets flooded but others do. To me this is a dangerous time to be playing in those waters. There are still to many what if's that can happen. The people trying to help out doesn't need more casualties from people playing in the flood water. What is your input on this?
Maybe that is the way they are dealing with the horror of it all.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
That is very possible but I wouldn't want to be in it unless I really had to.
@sugartoes (33754)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I do agree with you on this I think it's disrespectful, I think what they SHOULD be doing is trying to HELP those in need & think about others & be respectful.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
I agree. Just a few weeks ago Tom ran a cross an alligator on their property. I wonder how those people would feel if one of them got bit by an alligator.
@sugartoes (33754)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@velvet53 oh that wouldn't be a good thing to happen for sure & that's what they are dealing with now in L A & fla & Tx.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
@sugartoes People just don't think about this happening.
I agree. Safety first.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
I don't think those people are thinking about that. There are reptiles of all kinds that might appear and heavens knows what could happen.
@velvet53 True. People only think about the fun they wouldn't normally have.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
@just4him Maybe when I was younger I would have done something like this. I don't know cause I don;t like the thought of something sneaking up in me in the water or to even be in that dirty water. Right now it is time people pull together and help out.
I wouldn't set foot in that nasty polluted water. Ick! Didn't realize that playing in the water would make enough waves to affect others.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
I keep thinking back to when we had a swimming pool. Get 5 or 6 people in there and we made a lot of waves. But our water was clean.
@velvet53 That's true. I forgot about playing around in the pool. lol
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
@DianneN I was concerned about people being attacked by an alligator or bit by a snake.
@RubyHawk (21451)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I think that everyone able should be helping the flood victims. They desperately need help.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
I agree with you. But these people find it more important to make waves instead of helping.
@RubyHawk (21451)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@velvet53 They could be out helping people to safety.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
@RubyHawk That is the way I look at it.
@cintol (908)
Sometimes you have to work with what you have, it may be taking their minds off of all they have just gone through and lost. If its just a little water and not a lot, they should be safe except for what ever bacteria lies in it. Wouldn't be something I would do though. Thank goodness we will be moving to the North end of Texas
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
I am glad that you are moving to the north side. I don't ever want to hear about you going through something like this., I just worry about the diseases they could get from all the sewage and stuff.
@cintol (908)
That is what I would worry about as well, so much bacteria in those waters
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
@cintol I just read a post on FB that they are warning people about the alligators being around a lot of places.
@wunnam (129)
• Accra, Ghana
some times it can happen that they dont know the effect of it and on the other hand, they may know, but they dont care about others.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
You could be right. I just kept thinking about how dirty the water was and that someone might get a disease from drinking some of it. Not to mention the reptiles that were in the water.
That water if filth! It has sewage in it and every thing nasty that was on the ground, they are playing with their own lives.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
i agree with you. It is hard to say what they might run into like snakes and such. I sure hope none of them are small children.
I would be worried about their saftey as well.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
Some one posted on my S-I-L's post that they were setting up video cameras and was going to report the ones in the water. It must be someone that lives around there also.
@Deepizzaguy (7287)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Not to mention that the deep water in the neighborhood will bring creatures like snakes and frogs into the area. Do not mess up the neighborhood since we all be needing favors from them in the near future.
@averygirl72 (12529)
That happens to my country too. People playing in the flood taking things easy