A Word of Explanation

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Written by the Huis Vrouw When life gets stressful different people have different ways of dealing with the stress. Some people vent their frustrations with words, others channel the energy into activity. I tend to resort to silliness. Laughter always seems to make life a little easier to face, and sometimes the pursuit of laughter involves finding creative ways to look at life. Emmett was allowed to hijack my MyLot account over the past few days because rational, intelligent responses seemed like entirely too much work. I appreciate those of you who have humoured me and played along. I’lll be reigning the little guy in over the next few days, but I suspect that he will put in an appearance now and again. He’s been entirely too entertaining to banish back into the darkness and oblivion of storage.
Oh he was delightful
He'll be back on occasion. I'm just going to have to figure out how to make it clear that Emmett is the one responding to discussions and comments since he regularly says things that I wouldn't.
While it is sad that Emmett is going to leaving us, I am happy you are back!!! If times are ever rough again, I know, I would love to see Emmett return even though he not nearly as great as you! let a smile be your umbrella!
It looks like you're going to be stuck with ME for a while. It seems the alter ego is too busy at the moment.
@Platespinner Tell your alter ego I hope she is doing well. I am happy to be stuck with you! Sure your alter ego is a great person but you are such a sweetehart I like reading your comments!!
@Marty1 I'll tell her!
I don't blame you one bit. In trying times, sometimes you have to let the sillies out to balance life.
Emmett was far more successful than I had imagined he could be. Even my husband and daughters have enjoyed his adventures.
@Platespinner I still remember your 'tales from the coop'. :)
@Morethanamom I ended up abandoning that project. Chickens are evil, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
When I first heard about Emmett I thought he was a real human being and wondered what the connection was. Then you introduced him and showed his picture then I understood things better. You do have a great imagination and with the world in the shape it is in we need humor and laughter. So, please continue to bring him in here. That is how I feel and cannot speak for anyone other than myself. I cannot speak for my cat because she may feel differently than I do.
There were quite a few people who thought I was a human being at first. Now the challenge is to differentiate when I am responding to something and when it's that old fuddy-duddy, Mrs. J.
@Platespinner For quite some time Emmett I thought you were real and then Mrs J showed us your picture and now I know you are not.
Emmett is a funny little guy, I liked to interact with him and I will be happy to see him back time by time.
Aw shucks. Thanks, Anna!
@Platespinner Keep showing up Emmett, do not give up.
@acelawrites (12285)
I go curious because you got a new name! I knew you from other sites as Platespinner.
Sorry if I caused any confusion. My new approach to MyLot has been lots of fun and a challenge creatively.
i'm enjoying catching up and reading Emmett. ha ha.
The Huis Vrouw has decided to focus her attention elsewhere for awhile, so I've taken over the MyLot account.
@PainsOnSlate (20535)
That's hilarious, I will be looking back in your stories.. I think he's handsome...and smart.
I'm flattered! Of course I knew I was handsome, but that's the first time anyone has said I was smart!
@UncleJoe (10872)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Shucks! Just when Emmett and I were beginning to bond. I usually try to relieve stress with humor as well. That's what keeps me going.
She threatened to pack me away indefinitely, but I seem to have been given a reprieve. It looks like I'll get to post and interact again for a while.
I am sure Emmett will relish his days of freedom from storage.
You got that right. I HATE storage!
Being silly is a great way to relieve stress
And it's entertaining as well! This is much more fun for me too, I don't like being shut away in the dark!
Well hope to see Emmet soon then. I enjoy him.
Thanks. He'll be back!
@Morleyhunt (20996)
Thanks for the giggles. Emmett definitely provide some much needed comic relief.
He's been a fun way to distract myself from the not so fun stuff in life!
I had forgot then I said hey this is the little traveling guy. I do feel for you and your sister, I tended my sick father so I know what you are going through.
Thanks, Andria. It's been a rough few days.
I totally agree with you. Laughter is super imprortant!
I'd much rather laugh than cry!
You will need to find him another job to do.
He's been fun-welcome back!