School supply shopping

So my mom and I didn't go to KMART afterall tonight, but that's only because we found everything we wanted to get the kids at Staples. And while there, we noticed most of the prices are the same as when we were buying the supplies for my brother and I. And it reminded me that one of the only shoppings I don't like is school supply shopping . But I did it anyways to help my cousin out, and he was surprised at what we got and what we paid for it all. As we got both kids * 4 70page notebooks * 2 12pks of #2 pencils * 1 24pk of crayons * 1 10pk of markers, * 1 12pk of colored pencils * 1 ruler * 1 4pk of glue sticks * 1 pencil sharpener and then a 2pk of scissors to split.. So, although we could've saved at kmart by using points and getting everything for free, we got 25 needed items and only spent $17. So that's not too bad. Plus my cousin said he was going to see what he could give back for them. So we'll see what happens with that later. And my mom got a $10 off next $30 purchase, which is good since we still need printer ink. -- Did you ever like school supply shopping?
Doing good you are with shopping Courtney. I used to like getting new things for school years ago.
I always liked new clothes and backpacks but the rest i didn't care for going after.
@yanzalong (10151)
I didn't like it but I had to.
Right. My mom always made us go with her to get them, cause they were for us. Lol
@yanzalong (10151)
@Courtlynn What made my wife go mad was that every year books were changed. So, books used by my elder daughter cannot be used by her younger sister. Books are very expensive. We went to the stores selling secondhand books.
@yanzalong we never had to by books.
@RubyHawk (25105)
• Atlanta, Georgia
No, that's one thing I didn't like.
Same! I loved getting my clothes and backpack but not the other supplies. Maybe cuz it was stuff we HAD to get so it wasnt fun, idk lol
@RubyHawk (25105)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Courtlynn That's why kids don't like to go school shopping. It's boring.
@RubyHawk some kids actually like/love it.
@velvet53 (16505)
• Palisade, Colorado
Things worked out great for you. No I never did like school shopping. I don't really care for any type of shopping.
Thats okay. I do it enough for us both
@velvet53 (16505)
• Palisade, Colorado
@Courtlynn That is a huge relief.
@averygirl72 (16656)
Yes that's one of my favorite thing to do visiting school supplies shop and also bookstores
Ooh thats good to know.
@fly802 (1514)
Yes, I like it.
@Fleura (7191)
Our house is full of pens, pencils etc so luckily the only thing we needed to buy was a pocket calculator. And we needed a big pencil case to put it all in, but we made that!
We have pencils and pens but they needed the pemcils so bought 12pks for buck each
I used to have the supply list at the end of the year and bought stuff all summer long.
We had them too. And waited for the sales at staples. But apparently they didnt give them this year .. or least my friend didnt get them for her two kids.
@m_audrey6788 (13622)
I remember enjoying school supply shopping way back in elementary years..It was so tiring as it`s crowded with people..the heavy line at the cashier..gosh..You can see my mother starting to get hungry and exhausted Gosh..How I miss those years
Surprisingly the store had lot of people in it but not in line to pay.
@Courtlynn ..Oh nice..It`s more better than what I experienced..
@sishy7 (27647)
Now that you mentioned it, I probably didn't really like it either. I don't like shopping in general, so I mostly just do it because I need to, like back-to-school and grocery shopping...
I love shopping for clothes, food, movies, and home stuff. Just not online shopping or school supply apparently lol
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's nice that you didn't have to spend too much. I honestly didn't really mind school supply shopping.
I was surprised it only came to $17.
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Courtlynn It is surprising. Especially with how much stuff you guys got.
@dodo19 yeah