still hot, but a better day

San Jose, California
We escaped some of the heat today by going to Whole Foods and enjoying some of their free air conditioning. I had heard that since Amazon took over Whole Foods, their prices had dropped a lot. That rumor was definitely true with the bananas -- they were 49 cents a pound! Usually when I see that price, it's because of a super good sale and I stock up on three times as many as I think we'll eat before they turn brown, and I freeze the extras for making smoothies and banana bread. This wasn't a sale, but the new regular price! Baby Boy fell asleep in the car shortly before we arrived, so he spent half the time asleep in his stroller. When he woke, he had a piece of fruit from their free kid's area and then toddled around with me through the aisles. He played a bit on the yellow construction truck ride outside the store (the kind that takes a quarter, but I didn't have a quarter) before we went home. The weather got up to at 97F today, and tomorrow's going to be just as hot. Hopefully I'll figure out a way for us to keep cool.
@Sreekala (22860)
I hope the heat will be less in coming days. Have you got any rain? We got rain continuously still no relief from heat.
• San Jose, California
Oh, no. We won't have any rain at all until winter. This is our hot and dry season.
@Sreekala (22860)
@spiderdust We receive rain even in summer season.
@yanzalong (10151)
What's the warmest temperature there right now?
• San Jose, California
I think it got up to 105F/40.55C last month.
I saw a friend here yesterday mention you guys were having a heat wave out that way. I hit WalMart a few times this summer just to escape the heat for a few...and of course ended up spending money I didn't really mean to spend, unfortunately.
• San Jose, California
They catch you that way! Or at least they catch your money.
Oh nice the prices are really dropping at Whole foods and air condition to boot.
• San Jose, California
They have a nice seating area in front of the store too. It used to have a more kid friendly play area there, but then they put a tap room (bar) in front. At least they still have some of the kid sized tables and chairs so you can buy and eat lunch there with the children, and they still have the truck ride outside.
@spiderdust Oh yours sounds nice..I will have to get up to the one on the bus here and check it out..havent been there in years.
• San Jose, California
@TiarasOceanView Yes, especially since their prices are lower now.
@m_audrey6788 (13622)
The weather is nice, not too hot and not too cold..and it`s still summer here, I guess..Wish you a great day!
• San Jose, California
Yes, summer gets rather hot and miserable here, but at least it's rarely humid.
@fearjp (385)
I do like the heat better the cold in my opinion. I think because the cold is caused by grey skies and those days make me gloomy and down. We do end up turning on our AC because we can't stand the heat (still, I enjoy it), and go to the pool. I think I prefer the heat since the bright sky makes me feel like excited. We also have visitors here to go in the pool and have a BBQ here.
• San Jose, California
I can understand that. The AC is too expensive for us to run for very long, so we wait until we can't stand it anymore (and even then, we don't have it turned on any lower than 78F/25.55C). At least when the weather is cold, I can put on more clothes.
@fearjp (385)
@spiderdust Yea I am probably literally the only one here who likes the heat while everyone here likes the cold for the same reason, just putting a jacket on or multiples of them and done, problem solved lol.
@kepweng (14536)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
its really hot weather stay safe someone told me the water in california almost dry
Hope that you will find a way to keep cool!