~Brain Fart~

Pixabay image
Jacksonville, Florida
Hey everyone, I hope your doing well. This morning I called to make Josiah's appointment to get the helmet. The woman on the phone asked for Josiah's birthday and I gave her Julian's birthday on accident so she couldn't find him in the system. Both of my youngest boys were born in February a year apart. Julian was born on February 1st and Josiah was born February 10th. I felt like such an idiot! Lol. I told her I'm sorry, I have another son who was also born in February and I got them switched. She must have thought I was so stupid. Oh well, it happens... The soonest they could get him in is November 17th! Really stinks because the younger they have it, the easier it will be to get him used to it but there's nothing I can do. Hopefully there will be a cancellation so he can get in a bit earlier. We'll see. Have you ever spaced when giving a birthdate before?
That is outrageous that you have to wait 2 and a half months to get the helmet! Time is of the essence with that kind of stuff. That is a load of crap. I would be soooo pissed!
@NJChicaa I agree, that's the way it is when you have Medicaid. Your the bottom of the totem pole and don't matter much. I have been through it for years with all of us at different times...
@LovingMyBabies Total Bull$hit. I'd be lighting a fire under their a$$ for an earlier appointment.
@NJChicaa I plan on calling plenty to see if someone cancelled before his appointment to get him in sooner.
One year, my mother completely forgot about my little sister's birthday. A few days later, our next door neighbor asked Mom how my sister's birthday turned out.
@Corbin5 Oh no! =( That would be terrible.
@LovingMyBabies Luckily, Sis was so little, she did not know it was her birthday. I think she was 4 years old. We had a belated birthday for her the next day.
@Corbin5 I'm glad she was younger and didn't realize. Phew!
@KnehKnah (3532)
It happens. And, not only birth dates but names as well!
@KnehKnah That's true, names is a common one to mess up on.
@KnehKnah (3532)
@LovingMyBabies And when it happens, I just say, "Oh! It's just some of my Senior Year's reality! Ha! Ha! Ha!
@LeaPea2417 (15250)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I will pray there is a cancellation so he can get the helmet sooner.
@Leapea2417 Thank you. It will make things much easier the younger he is.
@Platespinner (18472)
We mix up our sons' birthdates quite frequently. One is 9-16-94 and the other is 9-14-96.
@Platespinner Oh goodness that would get me confused too!
Yes I have. I would have to say " hey lady I got so many children I dont remember my birthday!" and laughed like a mad woman No I bet she just thought as I did that happens, especially when you have two in the same month. Now my mom had 5 children. 2 born in January , 2 born in March, 1 = me born in July and both parents born in November.... I feel lonely! LOL.
@andriaperry Lol, yeah with 5 kids it's hard sometimes! My family is the same way! 2 born in February, Me and my oldest born in November, my husband and oldest son both born in October, and then my youngest daughter was born in January so she's the lonely one in our family.
I had been married 10 years and suddenly signed a cheque with my maiden name. Does that count?
@Judyev Lol, that's a good one too!
As I have had to do the emergency cards for school recently, I had to really think about certain info - like the birthdates for the kids. How could I forget . . . but yah, that mommy brain sure does it's thing ! Yah, keep bugging them, there's gotta be a cancellation before November - I hope he can get much sooner too!!
@much2say Yeah mommy brain sure is annoying! Lol. I'm going to keep calling because that's a long time to wait.
You had mom brain! It's amazing it was the first time!
@Ambiepam Yeah I guess I'm lucky it was the first time. Lol
@HazySue (16978)
I do it with everything. A mind is a ter4rible thing to lose.
@HazySue Lol, yeah I couldn't believe I did that.
@nanette64 (13660)
• Fairfield, Texas
Nope, I only have 1 kid so no boo-boos @LovingMyBabies . LOL. She's February the 17th. Oops; I probably shouldn't have told you that.
@nanette64 Well that's good! Your trying to confuse me. Lol
@nanette64 (13660)
• Fairfield, Texas
@LovingMyBabies Call me if you get confused; I'll straighten it all out.
I actually gave my birthday today instead of my sons .
@Tampa_girl7 I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Lol
• Marion, Kansas
Oh sure I have. I have also written a check at the grocery to "mommy" and other strange things. I am sure she has stuff go on like that all the time.
@Gardengerty Lol, happens to the best of us!
This will be a funny story you can tell them when they are older.
@celticeagle Very true =)
Probably not birthdates, but I have forgotten my phone number a few times..but then again..I don't call myself!
@snowy22315 Yeah I have forgotten that plenty of times as well. Lol
@spaceseed (2925)
the term "brain fart"is new tome yet very good i learnt the meaning through ur post. on the issue u discussed ............all i can say " to err is human"
@resukill22 (4044)
like of my mom birthdays i forgot what the date and i feel lose because im on fill up of form and need my mothers birthday
@kepweng (6288)
i dont yet experienced to get spaced im just curious i have no idea what is brain fart?
• Pamplona, Spain
Really late in the year too. You are right maybe a cancellation and you get in earlier? Something like that should be placed first.
Sorry it's not sooner. . My moms day is feb 11th !
@Courtlynn Thank you. Oh cool! =)
@LovingMyBabies yeah.. whens everyone elses?
@Courtlynn Johnny is October 23rd, Jackson is October 25th, Jazzalynn is November 6th, I'm November 22nd, Jailynn is January 16th, and the babies are both February. =)