What's for dinner? August 29

What's going on the dinner table tonight? Do tell! I am trying a new recipe. It was in the Detox Diet manual and is also available online: Mexican Meatza! It is basically seasoned ground beef shaped and baked like a pizza crust and then you top it with salsa and vegetables (peppers and onions), bake it again so the veggies cook, and then finish it with chopped avocado and fresh cilantro. It sounds good to me, works with my diet, and is even Whole 30 approved! I will be serving it with garlic green beans on the side. I can't wait to see my husband's face when he sees what we are having. That's what's happening here. What are YOU having? I want to know!
You know I always tell you the truth, so here's a confession for you: my ideal Friday night is pizza on the couch in front of a movie that requires only, like, 30% of my brain cells (or I also like to snuggle up to my umpteenth viewing of When Harry Met Sa
Leftover tuna casserole.
I've never had tuna casserole.
@NJChicaa - It's good. Probably would wreck your diet though.
@teamfreak16 ugh 11 more days of this
@KristenH (19038)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Sounds interesting. I'm doing a turkey burger with breaded okra for a side dish. Then I'm doing regular chocolate lava cakes to bake in the oven with my store brand's mixture. Water to drink.
That is a solid meal!
@KristenH (19038)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@NJChicaa Yeah it is. Anything to help me gain weight.
@KristenH oh I wish I had that problem!
@Tina30219 (24638)
• Onaway, Michigan
Sounds good hope you enjoy your dinner we had tacos tonight
Can't go wrong with tacos!
@Tina30219 (24638)
• Onaway, Michigan
@NJChicaa You sure can't
That looks great! I made a spinach salad and some zucchini for lunch. Enjoy yours! I always like hearing about your recipes.
Glad to hear it. I like trying new things. This isn't something that I ever would have discovered if I wasn't on this Detox Diet.
@sabtraversa (9245)
We had sushi. Yeah, that meatza sounds delicious.
I haven't had sushi in awhile. Yum.
I hope you enjoy your meal! =) We are having kelbasa with pineapple and rice on the side. I'm excited since we haven't had it for a long time.
Sounds delicious!
@spiderdust (2501)
• San Jose, California
I love her recipes! I made meatza at least twice while we did Whole30. I'm making braised chicken with root veggies. I was going to make soup, but then I remembered that Otto had soup for lunch and would likely protest having soup twice in one day. We'll have soup tomorrow instead.
This detox diet I'm on is very similar to Whole 30 but there are some differences. I'm finding that some of the recipes that they gave us to try are from blogs that are designed for Whole 30. Your dinner sounds delicious!
Leftover chicken tostadas. Too hot to eat or have something warm.
Leftovers are always good. Fast and easy.