What an amazing Target haul!

By Yuki
@yukimori (8547)
Hubby and I had lunch at Applebee's today, and afterwards I talked him into stopping into Target. I kind of had a nebulous idea about seeing what kind of clearance deals they're running on the back-to-school stuff, but aside from that I wasn't really planning to buy anything. We walked out with a cart full of stuff, and I barely made it past the dollar spot at the front of the store. Right at the entrance they had a selection of clearance items lined up, including cases of notebooks. They were priced at two cents each, so a full case of 48 was only $0.96. I grabbed six cases. While I personally don't need 288 notebooks, the school my oldest attends is always grateful for donations. I may end up keeping a few, but honestly I'm still working through my stash from two years ago. And of course they also had everything in the dollar spot section marked down by 70%, so I got some fun little items to throw in the box for Christmas and birthday presents--two plastic trays that I'm going to turn into "art trays" for them, along with some scented markers and a roll of paper to go with their art easel when we bring it back out of the garage. I squeaked out of there at $11.45 thanks to an extra 5% of savings with my REDcard. Best haul I've had in a while, and hubs can't complain too much because I'm giving most of it away right off the bat.
Thats awesome! Great job! Ill be getting applebees tomorrow
@yukimori (8547)
I'm just sad that I forgot we had leftovers in the car. Ah, well... better luck next time, right? Enjoy your outing tomorrow.
@yukimori aw man!. Might not be going now
@bluesa (10725)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
That was some great savings! I am not sure we will ever have such bargains where I live, back to school is a scary time for parents, my friends freak out.
@yukimori (8547)
Even without deals like that, I usually do really well. Then again, I always stock up on the clearance items after the back-to-school frenzy is over, so we do pretty well.
I have not been to target in a long time. The bus by my corner takes me right to the store.
@yukimori (8547)
That's pretty awesome! We drive past it on the way to drop the kids off and pick them up now. It used to be on our way to work before we moved.
I saw your cart photo on facebook
@yukimori (8547)
He was so unamused during the whole thing.
What a great haul! I have never seen notebooks that cheap.
@yukimori (8547)
The best I've gotten before was about 7 years ago when they were 5 cents each at Walmart. I only got around 20 back then for personal use. I really couldn't pass them up. We've got enough to supply my daughter's entire school for a while, which is pretty darn cool.
@topffer (29527)
• France
And your husband was complaining because you bought 288 notebooks at only 2 cents each? If I was married, it would be a case of divorce.
Wow thats a wonderful Haul ! I went to Target but didn't see any good deals. :) Very sweet of you to get extra cases of notebook to donate!
Well done you! That's a great afternoon's shopping.
@sishy7 (25623)
You scored some great bargains there!