Share same tube of toothpaste in a family

@peachpurple (12875)
Malaysia
In some families, they use the same tube of toothpaste but different toothbrushes. This is a common practice for the Asians because toothpaste isn't cheap if you have more than 3 members in the family. Imagine having 6 members in the family using 6 tubes of toothpaste?? In my family, we use different toothpaste for each member. There are 6 of us , which means every 1-2 months, we have to buy 6 toothpastes to supply for our daily usage. You cannot deny that half a dozen of toothpaste is A LOT and expensive since each toothpaste cost around RM4 ( USD $1), that sums up to RM24 ( USD$6 ) per purchase. If your family members could share the same toothpaste, you could save up RM20 (USD$ 5) per month. However, we do not practice on sharing the same tube because our toothbrushes touches onto the tip of the toothpaste, that is unhygiene that could induce gingivitis. So, do all of your family members share the same tube of toothpaste? Picture belonged to peachpurple
@Sreekala (22860)
We share the same toothpaste in our family. However, I have seen some families uses different brands. Some need extra care on their teeth and uses a medicinal one.
@peachpurple (12875)
oh the gum care toothpaste? Expensive then the regular right?
@Sreekala (22860)
@peachpurple I have no idea about the cost. I have seen the adds.
@peachpurple (12875)
@Sreekala thanks
That's strange reasoning! If you all share one tube, it will be empty in no time and you will have to buy a new one. If each member has their own, they'll last six times as long. In the end, it's exactly the same.
@peachpurple (12875)
that is why we have individual toothpaste
@Tracy04 (10754)
We do share in our family. And we use the fresh and white mint
@peachpurple (12875)
thanks for your share, Darlie toothpaste?
@Tracy04 (10754)
@peachpurple there have mentioned above. I think it's called fresh and white.
@peachpurple (12875)
@Tracy04 oh i like that too
@hereandthere (30966)
i'm also asian but i never knew of any family where each member has their own tube of toothpaste, and i've never heard of its connection to gingivitis. we only buy one big tube. if you want to save money but still use your own toothpaste, then maybe you can buy big tubes for everyone so each tube lasts longer.
@dodo19 (32869)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
My husband and I will share the same toothpaste, and we'll get one for my kids, as they are young and we get one more for their age. So, we will generally have two in the house. Two toothpaste for 5 people. It is definitely cheaper than getting 5.
It's exactly the same. If you all share one tube, it will be empty in no time and you will have to buy a new one. If each member has their own, they'll last longer. In the end, it's exactly the same.
@dodo19 (32869)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@MALUSE That's true. It probably does come down to about the same.
@dodo19 It does indeed.
@prashu228 (25811)
We use the same toothpaste for whole family so only one tube for family .
I'm sure that this is the way the majority of the world population does it.
@prashu228 (25811)
@prashu228 (25811)
I was going to say exactly the same as @MALUSE. If you used one, you would consume the tube in less than one week. As a matter of fact this does not change how much you pay. We are two and we have one each. When we travel we bring one for the two of us and it lasts half time.
@averygirl72 (16656)
We share toothpaste. It's much expensive if we buy 6 tubes for each of us when we can just buy one
My husband and I share the same tube of toothpaste. I've never heard of a house where everyone had their own unless they all had separate bathrooms. And $1 per tube of toothpaste is really cheap!
@kepweng (14518)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
i think thier nothing wrong if you shared same toothpaste but i dont know about sharing a toothbrush
@inter4 (323)
• Nanjing, China
Here in China, the price of a toothpaste usually varies from 15 RMB( 2.5$) to 50 RMB (7.5$). The most popular brand of toothpaste is Yun Nan Bai yao. By the way, we Chinese family use the same toothpaste in usual , it's just a custom ,not matters to money .