How Many Times?

Boise, Idaho
I just had a thought(OUCH!) How many times have we all said "Thank you!" in our lives? I tought my kids to always say "Thank You!" whenever someone does something nice for you. I think it is a good phrase. I am just curious how many times it has been used. And, how many times have you wished you had a chance to thank someone but didn't get that chance.
@poehere (17715)
• French Polynesia
I was raised to say thank you. I can't think of any time I missed the chance to tell a person that did something nice for me.
It is so nice and positive.
@poehere (17715)
• French Polynesia
@celticeagle Didn't your grandma ever say this to you? You attract more bees with honey than you do with salt. I think that is what she would say when someone wasn't polite to another person.
@poehere .....Not sure Grams would have said that but,I have heard it before.
I'm not someone who says thank you just for the sake of saying thank you all the time. So when I say thank you, it's with all sincerity.
Good for you. All folks should be this way.
• Nairobi, Kenya
From at a very young age, I have always been thankful for whatever help I get and for what I receive. My mother has taught me to appreciate whatever I receive and I must confess that she instilled a good habit in me.
Your mother is a wise women.
@m_audrey6788 (13818)
Well..I`m not a perfect person but I really am thankful to the person who deserved to be thankful for..There are times, I forgot but actions speaks louder than words so I try to make it up by giving back what that person gave to me to show how I appreciates his/her help
That is so nice. A pay it forward type of person then.
I say thank you daily
I do too.
@Tracy04 (10575)
Mom nurture that practice in me and my siblings. So if people see us or just helped us, they'll hear us "thank you" then Thank you!
No one I can think of to thank that is for sure.
@sugartoes (39333)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I always say thank you as I even tell my husband thank you it's a respectful thing to do.