They Are Getting Younger

https://pixabay.com/en/rose-romance-ice-flowers-1905249/
@HazySue (15882)
This morning as I read a little bit news online I came across an article concerning a 16 year old boy who waling into a library in New Mexico and started randomly shooting at the customers and the staff. The end result of it all was that two were left dead, both of them were employees of the library, and 4 were wounded. Of those wounded one was a 10 year old boy. When the police arrested the teen they were unable to ascertain a reason for the shooting. It leaves one wondering why all the violence, why all the rage, why this need to kill? It also makes me wonder why these killers are getting younger? Have we as a society failed these children?
@jobelbojel (4274)
That's horrible. Children are being influenced by the society and another is the violence they see on movies.
@HazySue (15882)
I don't now why there are so many angry children out there in our world.
They have been younger for a long time....this isn't new.
@HazySue (15882)
It just seems more prevalent.
@HazySue It's more widely known - Facebook, internet etc.
@HazySue (15882)
@AbbyGreenhill social media has changed our lives and I think maybe not for the better.
I always think that a young person who does this is extremely mentally unstable. Apparently, this teen was being bullied.
@HazySue (15882)
I wonder why we have so many young people who seem to be unstable. Do you think there are more now or that we just happen to hear more about these incidents.
@HazySue I think we hear more due to the media's 24/7 reports. Nothing is unknown to use these days. Back in the day, things like this happened, but folks never received the news. Billy the Kid started killing others in his teens, and I am sure many more did so.
The execution of children and juveniles.   With special thanks to Michael Stern for his help with this article.   Some books convey the impression that large numbers of children were hanged for minor crimes such as theft during the 18th and 19th centuries,
@Tracy04 (10660)
People are getting violent these days, even as young as an elementary schools
@HazySue (15882)
It is such a shame.
@Morleyhunt (15369)
My daughter informed me of this early yesterday. It hit her hard....she is a librarian. They have had to deal with violence several times this year.
@HazySue (15882)
You would think that a library would be one of the safer places. I can imagine it would upset the other workers across the world.