Do You Believe in Deja Vu?

@JeeyanDee (2733)
I have had deja vu moments quite a few times but I'm not really sure if I'm just imagining things. It makes me really curious if experiences like this have a valid reason, or if it's just the usual tricks of the human mind. Have you experienced this before? What are your thoughts on this?
Yes I believe that it happens, but I am not sure what to make of it.
@JeeyanDee (2733)
Have you experienced these before?
@JeeyanDee Yes many times.
@JeeyanDee (2733)
@TiarasOceanView Same here! Like you, I too am not sure what to make of it.It is a curious thing though, isn't it?
@louievill (16577)
I have personally experienced it so many times and I'm not crazy I have been puzzled by it and what triggers the experience since I was very young.
@JeeyanDee (2733)
I know I'm not crazy too, but it could make you feel that way sometimes hahaha. Then again, it really is a curious thing, isn't it?
@louievill (16577)
@JeeyanDee yes and I am glad to know that you are an addition to those like us
@JeeyanDee (2733)
@louievill Yeah hahaha.
@Tracy04 (10627)
I do few times having Deja Vu
@JeeyanDee (2733)
Well it could feel quite creepy sometimes, right? Yet, it could be quite interesting at times too.
@Tracy04 (10627)
@JeeyanDee It's both interesting and scary too
@JeeyanDee (2733)
@Tracy04 Yes, my feelings towards it could be quite confusing too
I have experienced this several times, but most often I pinpoint it to something I dreamed about. Usually it's about "places" . . . I will go somewhere I've never been before and for a fast second I realize I had seen this place before in a dream (or at least I "think" I did). Very odd feeling - I don't know if there is a valid reason or not!
@JeeyanDee (2733)
Yes! Many have claimed to experience this too but there seems to be no scientific explanation that I am aware of.
@JeeyanDee If only there was a good purpose for it. I don't think it's anything like seeing into the future or anything like that . . . maybe we just make a connection to some image we've conjured up in the past.
@JeeyanDee (2733)
@much2say Yes, I see your point. I think it is one of the many mysteries of the human mind.
@dgobucks226 (7585)
I believe my dreams forecast future events in my life. How weird is that? Parts of my dreams pop up again which is a whole different kind of Deja Vu
@JeeyanDee (2733)
Well,isn't it cool if that is true?
@JeeyanDee Only if they are good dreams, ha
@JeeyanDee (2733)
@dgobucks226 Hahaha. Of course.
@mandala100 (25680)
@JeeyanDee I think so my friend since sometimes you recall into your mind as if you've been in a given place before or that you've seen or talk to that person before or that you've been to a similar scene/situation in your mind before. I'm not aware or updated if there is some latest study/research about this phenomenon called "de javu" Jeeyan.
@JeeyanDee (2733)
So does this mean that you have experienced this too?
@mandala100 (25680)
@JeeyanDee That's right Jeeyan.
@averygirl72 (15098)
Yes but not very often now. When I was a kid I often feel it. I feel so sure this thing had already happened and it make me stop and think how and why? Why do we have deja vu? I will research it today.
@JeeyanDee (2733)
Share with us whatever you find out so that we too can understand it.
@kepweng (6900)
im not familiar with de ja vu what it is?
@JeeyanDee (2733)
According to wikipedia, it is the phenomenon of having the feeling that the situation currently being experienced has already been experienced in the past. Basically, it is sort of a feeling of familiarity
@YrNemo (8996)
Plenty of times. The problem is, I strongly believed that I had seen all those things before in some dreams, happened several years back. Scary feeling when I begin to doubt my sanity.
@JeeyanDee (2733)
I know exactly what you mean! Whenever I feel this, it make me question my sanity too. Hahaha
@AngelesF (252)
• Spain
Oh, yes, I did! I remember someone told me deja vus had a "scientific" explanation... But, yes, I've had some of them and the feeling is so strange!
@JeeyanDee (2733)
Oh really? I guess I should try to research about its scientific explanation.
@Oshobu (653)
• Nigeria
Can you explain what deja vu means?... I've never heard of that..
@JeeyanDee (2733)
According to wikipedia, it is the phenomenon of having the feeling that the situation currently being experienced has already been experienced in the past. Basically, it is sort of a feeling of familiarity.