I Did Not See Him Until.......

Pamplona, Spain
Little Red Robin Where have you been? I have been looking for you all over But you I have not seen Today I saw you and the suffering of a very very hot day You only come here when things are not going your way So water lots of I quickly threw outside I made a little river With the amount I threw You kept your distance as you always do When I was not looking in you flew You drank to your hearts content As I heard your lovely song Inside here I heard you sing as if to say thank you You are welcome my friend a beauty like you Such a lovely song to be heard everywhere through and through.
:o) A robin singing atop the Napoleonic rangefinder post in Battery Gardens, Brixham, Devon around 20:30BST on May 14th 2011. :o)
A beautiful tribute to the lovely robing that bring so much joy to us.
• Pamplona, Spain
See he only comes here when he is either very thirsty as no one here thinks about these birds or any of them come to think of it. So I throw water out on very hot days twice a day so they can all drink. I saw him on the fence and I knew he was thirsty and he comes here to tell me when he is hungry also. He puts his little face right against the windwo as if to say hey I am hungry as I usually throw bread too when no one is looking.
@mandala100 (25699)
@lovingangelinstead21 That's a good poem my friend.
• Pamplona, Spain
Thank you Peter and its really important to give water to these birds that suffer from such dry conditions and n winter its very very cold and the ground is harder than steel for them also.
@mandala100 (25699)
@lovinangelsinstead21 Yes my friend and you are so kind.
• Pamplona, Spain
@mandala100 You know there is only ever one that comes around and there has to be more of them across the road I guess where there is a Doctor who has a small house but with lots of land with green grass real grass and lots of older trees that is where they are most likely are.
that is so great there.Thank you
• Pamplona, Spain
Thank you Fredo. I love Robins they are so rarely seen here that when you do see them they try to tell you in their own way they are in need of water or food.
@lovinangelsinstead21 we see them a lot in the Spring time and then no more.
• Pamplona, Spain
@amadeo He is so very hard to get a photo of I put the video instead and obviously its not the same one but from Brixham in Devon which has lots of beautiful countryside and no wonder he sings like that all happy.
@Lucky15 (33751)
You helped that little robin :)
• Pamplona, Spain
Yes, he is very timid and stays a distance as there are not many trees or bushes here at all so he stays on the fence and he was suffering the heat and so were the other too the sparrows.
Great song and precious poem!
• Pamplona, Spain
He has such a lovely song for me in that video. He looks like he is telling all of his friends something or maybe just chatting away. Thank you and I hope you are much much better now.
@lovinangelsinstead21 Loved it. He is so cute! I'm feeling a tiny bit better. Thanks for asking.
• Pamplona, Spain
@DianneN Keep resting then and it will fade out. I know its a bit worriying also.
@velvet53 (15285)
• Palisade, Colorado
A wonderful poem for your little feathered friend. I am sure he appreciates what you do for him.
• Pamplona, Spain
When I see him I know he needs something as he does not appear very often. I managed to take one very far off photo of him but its so small you can only just see him. You would need a lens to look at him but at least I took it and its all mine.
@velvet53 (15285)
• Palisade, Colorado
@lovinangelsinstead21 That's great! You have proof that he really exists.
• Pamplona, Spain
@velvet53 Yes albeit a very tiny robin as it comes out as I had to take it from a long distance that is why it comes out like that.
@bunnybon7 (33953)
• Holiday, Florida
aww. so sweet . you are a good person giving them water
• Pamplona, Spain
I wish I was really good. All I do is to give them water and in winter some kind of food. They call to each other when I do that and I love to hear them and sometimes they scrap between themselves afterwards.
@bunnybon7 (33953)
• Holiday, Florida
@lovinangelsinstead21 poor babies. you are so kind to do for Gods creatures.
• Pamplona, Spain
@bunnybon7 You know it does get very very cold here in the winter specially and the ground is like concrete to be able to look for food so I help them out a bit.
@YrNemo (8996)
I saw a neighbor leaving some containers outside her yard for birds yesterday. The funny thing is, we have been flooded with rain! (but perhaps birds still need some sort of bowls for drinking?)
• Pamplona, Spain
They must be used to her and her way of doing things. In England I have seen them eating out of people´s hands and you have to gain their confidence I think first for that to happen.
@YrNemo (8996)
@lovinangelsinstead21 Cool! (I will have to spy on that property. I saw a bird tried to look at itself in a car side mirror today. If my guess is correct, I had seen it do exactly that a few months ago, to that very same car!)
• Pamplona, Spain
@YrNemo They do things like that. Sparrows here will come very close to me but stay where they are for the just in case and they do funny things sometimes. That is cute him looking in the Car mirror.
@ridingbet (39016)
i bet that robin was singing his appreciation to you for offering him water.
• Pamplona, Spain
Only after I was out of sight and then he sang on the other fence far off from here.
@ridingbet (39016)
@lovinangelsinstead21 great, but still you heard him, am i right?
• Pamplona, Spain
@ridingbet Yes, now I know his song and also that of the blackbird. My favourites are the Storks too that are not here again I think they have actually migrated this year so that should be a good sign overall.
@Sreekala (18788)
So the bird came to you in search of water?
• Pamplona, Spain
Yes, its sort of hard to explain but only when he is desperate he comes here and it was a very hot day and his wings were wider open more than usual and he was closer than he ever usually gets. I throw the water out and he is gone after that. You can hear him sing after that like he does in the video.
@Sreekala (18788)
@lovinangelsinstead21 I can't watch the video as I am in office. Will check it when situation favours.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Sreekala Yes that´s right. You can see it another time no worries.
• Portland, Connecticut
We do see a lot of robins where I live, they are a welcome sight to be sure.
• Pamplona, Spain
It would be so nice to see them a lot of them I mean. These are not really gardens what we have here a lot have artificial stuff. We have the most natural garden there is and its not at all fancy it might be why he comes here. There are a lot of trees in one garden across the road around a small house and I think that there are a few of them there.
That was very good of you, if only this bird sang when you were there...Maybe it was warming up.
• Pamplona, Spain
He is very shy really so he will not come close. I am looking for somewhere that sells wild bird seed so I can feed them better stuff for the very cold days we have here. Spain does get very very cold brrr.
@thelme55 (12470)
Amazing poem to a lovely bird. Well Done!
• Pamplona, Spain
Thank you he is such a lovely little thing. I wish I could put the real one on here the one that comes here I mean.
It's good you gave the robin some water.
• Pamplona, Spain
Not only to him poor little thing but the others as well they are more forward in letting you know what they want in that sense. One perches every morning on the wire fence when I go out there.
@jobelbojel (5589)
I love the poem - the rhyme and the feelings of the poem.
• Pamplona, Spain
Thank you very much is this bird in your part of the World or is it not often seen?
• Riga, Latvia
This is just delightful. A lovely bird song.
• Pamplona, Spain
I have learned to distinguish his song above all the others that live over the other side of the Road he is so lovely.
Robins do sing pretty songs for us to enjoy.
• Pamplona, Spain
In the video or wherever you get to hear him his song is really lovely.
Very nice poem thanks Lovings. Robin is beautiful.
• Pamplona, Spain
Although its not Christmas yet I felt I had to write about him he is so lovely. You can distinguish his song above any other.
@Gillygirl (15684)
• Sutton, England
lovely ode to the Robin. I do enjoy seeing them in the garden. Glad yours has quenched it's thirst.
• Pamplona, Spain
If you get to see them you are so lucky then. He always stays a long way off but he is there sometimes. Spanish Robins are not very sociable it seems. More likely is that there is no green grass and bushes and trees like in the Gardens of England.
@Hate2Iron (7310)
That was one of the birds that really surprised me... the robins that we have in Manitoba are nothing like the robins we have in Ontario!!
• Pamplona, Spain
I suppose they all behave different wherever they are but I love them so much.