Glad a Holiday weekend is coming up...

By JJ
Olney, Illinois
And I actually get this one off, which is something rare. But what I'm really looking forward to is Friday. Ya see, I get paid every other Monday. Last time I got paid, the van broke down that day and most of my paycheck went towards getting it fixed, which left an already strained budget almost non-existent. LOTS of peanut butter and bologna. (And a special thank you for an unmentioned member that sent me $30 and told me to shut up and accept it ) But with this coming Monday being a payday and a holiday, the banks will be closed...which means I'll get paid Friday before the holiday. Hopefully if anything goes wrong with the van again it'll be one of those $3 pieces to repair it.
Peanut butter and bologna...I would have gone with the traditional jelly, but whatever toots your horn...
• Olney, Illinois
Well not together of course
Just as long as Scar gets his chow.
@Gillygirl (16445)
• Sutton, England
I hope you won't have trouble with the van. It was good of the member to send you $30. Some people are the salt of the earth on here.
Yes cross you fingers now nothing else goes wrong..then you will be all set. How kind of that Lotter to send you that cash.
@BarBaraPrz (18436)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Don't borrow trouble. You will get paid, and nothing will go wrong with the van. Think positively.
@nanette64 (15527)
• Fairfield, Texas
I'm out of peanut butter; dang it @JolietJake . My SS check should (maybe) hit the bank Friday BUT it will probably sit in pending until Tuesday because of the holiday and my bank isn't open on Saturday's.
• Olney, Illinois
It should be there tomorrow, I have someone on SS renting a house from Boss and they are expecting theirs in tomorrow
@nanette64 (15527)
• Fairfield, Texas
@JolietJake Fingers crossed.
Finger crossed, I hope you are not going to have problems this time and you can eat something different from peanut butter and Bologna... I guess that Scar had his favorite food.
• Olney, Illinois
Yes, he still got what he wanted
@JolietJake Spoiled little guy.
I hope the van hangs in there
• Olney, Illinois
About this time last year it got stuck in drive, a little $3 clip had broken on the transmission linkage which I fixed myself...I wish everything could be that cheap
@JolietJake I need to take the Miata in for its 1st oil change and service. My husband opted to just add $$ to the monthly lease payments to include the cost of all of that. I just hit 5000 miles now and I got the thing at the end of Dec.
not sure I like that JJ I like peanut butter.Your not putting this on your baloney
• Olney, Illinois
No, I have ate lots of peanut butter and lots of bologna, not both together
@averygirl72 (16318)
Tomorrow Friday is holiday here. I'm hearing a lot of holidays. Good you will be paid this Friday
• Olney, Illinois
Looks like I'm gonna be going on a road trip this weekend driving Boss somewhere...not a fan of holiday road traffic but he's paying me for it so...
@Tracy04 (10616)
But my weekend will be class
@moffittjc (38131)
• Gainesville, Florida
Keep your fingers crossed that the van doesn't break down again. And if it doesn't, treat yourself to a fine meal and splurge on Spam and Vienna Sausages!
I hope nothing goes wrong with the van again. Payday here is today and I'm sure all our employees are happy.
I have to work part of this weekend, but I'm glad that you get it off, plus you get paid. Sweet that another member reached out to you like that, so kind.
Glad payday has finally arrived for you. I know how you feel. It has been a struggle being off work on sick leave. Things get tight. I had a few people lend me money to help me with my car inspection and meds. Once I finally get back to work it will take me some time to get caught up. I hope nothing goes wrong with your van this time around and enjoy your long weekend.
@Lucky15 (33731)
Sept 1 is holiday here. So i might be messing around here more. Lol