Do You Believe In The Sayings That "Bird Of A Feather (Same Feather) Flock Together?"

@mandala100 (50518)
Hong Kong
There are so many sayings or proverbs in the English language and around the world and the above quoted sayings is among them. What's is the meaning or your understanding of the above sayings? Do you agree or disgaree that indeed bird of a feather (same feather) flock together? Photo credit: apessay.com
Yes of course..like follows like my friend. And they gang up on outsiders.
@mandala100 (50518)
@TiarasOceanView Oh what a poor outsiders to be gang up on my friend. How you've been my friend and I really miss you this early morning (HK Time) and I hope you are having a nice day my friend.
@mandala100 Oh thanks Peter..I am okay, had some appointments today. Good day to you my friend. I hope everything is good for you
@mandala100 (50518)
@TiarasOceanView Thank you my friend and I'm still stuck in the office.
@ilocosboy (37348)
Yes I believe in this saying. Just like us writers, we flock here in mylot and writing sites in internet.
@mandala100 (50518)
@ilocosboy That's right my friend. How are you today my friend?
@ilocosboy (37348)
@mandala100 always fine buddy
@mandala100 (50518)
@ilocosboy I'm so glad to hear that my friend.
I think that is so true friends that think alike do stick together.
@mandala100 (50518)
@jstory07 I agree with you my friend.
I believe in the power of association. And the saying you shared can be true to most people, including me. The people we spend time with influences us, either subconsciously or consciously. And more often than sometimes, we actually find people we get along with, so the saying will be true that we flock with others of the same interests, views, personalities, etc. That's why it's very important that we find associates or friends that will help us grow as a person and we also help them to grow.
@mandala100 (50518)
@GopherDanny That's a very nice thoughts and explantion you give to the sayings my friend. Thank you so much.
I wish I will believe on this phrase fully. In reality, it doesn't happen.
@mandala100 (50518)
@Shavkat In what way it didn't happen in actual life for you my friend?
@mandala100 For those people who ignore the real meaning of this phrase.
@mandala100 (50518)
@Shavkat Alright my friend and I get it now. Thanks.
@arunima25 (8510)
• Bangalore, India
Yes I totally agree. Like minded people attract each other and they follow each other or support each other.
@mandala100 (50518)
That's true my friend and it really happened in reality.
@arunima25 (8510)
• Bangalore, India
@mandala100 But at times a minute differences of opinion are ought to happen in such groups too.
@mandala100 (50518)
@arunima25 Yes my friend and that's a possibility.
@JeeyanDee (2711)
Definitely! People you choose to be with define the kind of person you are, that's why we all have to be careful in choosing people we surround ourselves with.
@mandala100 (50518)
@JeeyanDee You are absolutely correct my friend on that. One must always be really careful.
I agree. Specially with friends, like my group of best friends we share the same likes and dislikes. We all like discoing and having fun. That made us all so close until now that we are older.
@mandala100 (50518)
@SIMPLYD I'm so great to hear that my friend.
@fasihpti (257)
yes my friend it is not only true but it is a fact and not only in bird in all species like animals and humans are also having this property
@mandala100 (50518)
@fasiphti That's true my friend.
@averygirl72 (16617)
It's very true. People associate with people with same interest, lifestyle, personality and status because they can relate to one another.
@mandala100 (50518)
@averygirl72 I agree with you my friend 100%. Thanks you for your thoughts.
@cintol (7801)
Yes, I believe this is true as I have met a lot of people who run in the same crowd with the same interests.
@mandala100 (50518)
@cintol Thank you for sharing your thoughts my friend and yes you are right in what you are saying my friend based upon our personal experience.
@rubyriaz007 (4292)
This is a very famous proverb..It means that people with same nature become friends of each other,and mingle with each other well.
• Baguio, Philippines
I agree, and it has long been proven. sayings and proverbs are words of wisdom. I keep remembering them and I keep saying them. These are words of wisdom...
@Eriqueen (201)
• Yaounde, Cameroon
Yes they flock together but have differences
@StormAO (10)
I agree with this quote because way to many times I have seen groups of people treat an outsider different. Mainly it's because most are afraid of what they don't understand outside of their 8 block radius mind set so most don't know how to be open about new things outside of what they know. People usually like to flock to others who share the same interest most of the time.. It's not that often you see people of opposites flock to one another.
Yes I agree, lazy noisy teenagers all go around together, while the others help their families.
@Sreekala (23718)
I am hearing this proverb first time now. May be it is right, that is why we all are in mylot.
@Jaff1978 (40)
• Casablanca, Morocco
Well everyone is fainted in a way . If a bird loses many feathers every day , where will they go ? They all belong to the same bird . It would have been better for them all to stay under the birds wings and head . Therefore , they do gatter all of them together and claim that they are from that bird . Is this meaning of the proverb correct ?