Some Are so Deceitful

@cintol (6902)
You put your trust and faith in someone and it turns out you were gullible and they were deceitful. Don't understand how some people can live with themselves but then I look at what the world is becoming and know. We were going with a builder in Texas and having houses built next door to each other for my daughter in law and grand kids. We were all so excited as since my son's passing the kids have wanted us closer to them. We made all the plans, put the money down as earnest money and waited. Builder kept telling us they were starting on the house and it would be ready by Sept. 2017 but then said it wouldn't be until Oct. We took his word for it and waited until we couldn't wait anymore. He knew the whole time he was lying to us and just kept the lie going. How do you do that to people?? Does he have no conscience at all or guilt?? He ruined all our plans and cost us months of delays on finding other houses. THEN he has the nerve to try and charge us the $2000 earnest money plus $1700 on top of it. I didn't play that game, I searched every thing I could on him and the plans, called zoning and planning, called a lawyer, etc. Got all my facts and wrote him back telling him how disappointed I was in what he was trying to pull over on me and that he had messed with the wrong person. We ended up paying for the architect for changes we made to the plans and that was it. He returned the rest of our money but acted so guiltless about the whole thing. Needless to say, we will never work with another builder at this point. Put a bid on another house and am waiting for the reply. SHAME on him for trying to take advantage of our circumstances to begin with. Have you ever encountered this before?
@mandala100 (46249)
@cintol So many times one's encounter this kind of people that's why the poem "Desiderata" says that the the "world is full of trickery" my friend.
@cintol (6902)
Oh I believe that but these made a mistake, this is a small town and it wouldn't take much to tarnish them.
@mandala100 (46249)
@cintol Alright my friend and I understand you.
Some people will never feel any guilt for the wrong things they have done.
@cintol (6902)
Its sad, you would think they would when they are working in a small town and everyone knows them. I even went to the mayor about him.
Oh wow! That's terrible!
Fortunately I have not had to be involved with contractors to build anything new on my property OR take care of anything that needs repair as there is also one person in a crowd of lets say 10, that will be dishonest . . . seems to be the law of the land and conscience, well many lack that for a variety of reasons
@cintol (6902)
These people definitely lack conscience with these houses. We are in a different home now and much happier, maybe it was meant to be.
@cintol there are some good contractors out there but it does require some research and talking to others who have used certain contractors BEFORE just assuming someone is okay. A good lesson learned and hope you get a new home constructed for them soon
@cintol (6902)
We were from out of state so didn't know much and in small towns, they don't want a bad name. His business partners didn't know what he was doing but they do now and one is the principal of the high school. We aren't going to have homes built, my daughter in law found a home and we bought one 8 doors down so we are set now. No more moving for us
@velvet53 (16997)
• Palisade, Colorado
I haven't myself but I do know people that has gone through this, A good reputation is what makes a person more money. I despise these type of people. I hope with bad reviews and complaints that they will be put out of business.
@cintol (6902)
Well if anyone asks me about them when we move there, I will be brutally honest about their integrity. I don't think I will help their business in any way.
@velvet53 (16997)
• Palisade, Colorado
@cintol I don't blame you one bit. They don't even deserve to be in business.
@cintol (6902)
We will see how long they last in that development because they still had 27 houses to build
@deazil (4556)
There are crooks and scammers everywhere. Look at the price gouging in Texas being done by some companies. Preying on people in such a dire situation is disgraceful. It's good that you know how to deal with this builder. Maybe the next time he'll think twice before trying to scam anyone. You may have saved someone else from a really bad time, emotionally and financially, by refusing to allow him to cheat you any further and exposing him for the cheat he is. It's too bad this happened but I hope your bid is accepted and you can move soon. Maybe this will work out for the best. If the builder is this bad of a person, is he really someone you would want building your house? What else does he cheat on? It's good that you realized he's crooked before he could do any more damage. At least in your case. Good luck with your bid!
@cintol (6902)
Thank you Deazil and I hope your right that I did save someone else from his rotten hand. Believe me, if ever asked once I move there about that housing development, I won't hesitate not to speak my mind to them. Funny thing was he kept telling us how Christian he is and how church is the biggest thing in the town. Hmmmmmm
@deazil (4556)
@cintol You're welcome. I've found that those who espouse religion loudly and continually are, in fact, some of the biggest cheats and crooks, in my experience. The really religious don't need to go out of their way to show what their beliefs are.
@cintol (6902)
exactly my friend, it should have been my red flag
How awful to be taken advantage of like that. I'm glad you took charge and got most of your money back. Many builders are not like that if the are reputable.
@cintol (6902)
I know, and the fact that it is a small town and everyone knows each other type thing you would think he would have been better.
@cintol What a shame. I hope you find someone or something soon.
@cintol (6902)
We have found a home that we bid on and are waiting for them to reply to it. Fingers crossed because I am worn out with the search and its hard when your in another state and working online or traveling back and forth
@JustBhem (39383)
• Davao, Philippines
It's awful. I've experienced this kind before and I learned my lesson already. So whether it's a friend, I will not be going to trust them anymore.
@cintol (6902)
I hear you there, I will be doing much more research on these people from now on.
@JustBhem (39383)
• Davao, Philippines
@cintol That is a good thing.
Shame on him, some people are so selfish and heartless, they do not even feel guilty.
@cintol (6902)
Thats how I feel about him, he just wanted to sell the houses. I told him my advice to him was to NOT sell the houses until they are completely built that way no one had to have their dreams smashed because of his negligence
@cintol Very well said.
Some just have no shame or conscience. You should make sure that everyone you know, knows what he did. Word of mouth can be very powerful.
@cintol (6902)
Yes it can and I can't believe he doesn't realize that, of course he doesn't know me very well
@YrNemo (13412)
I heard lots of cases like that. As a matter of fact, people I know told each other to avoid builders with all cost. Some professionals (IT, business etc) did try doing that, they ended up being asked to pay a few extra thousand dollars for this or that or the work wouldn't be continued. A kind of terrorist I guess.
@cintol (6902)
Thats awful, also against the law for them to do so.
@sugartoes (41236)
• Greencastle, Indiana
sugs I hate to say this but there's a LOT of scammers out in the world today & you really can't trust ANYONE these days as much as we'd like to it's hard to. glad you got your $ back & glad you have someone that will do the job for you.
@cintol (6902)
thank you, I just had more faith than that for people who live in the small town they are building in. Who wants bad marks against their name in a town so small where everyone knows you
No but I have received earnest money for land and they backed out because it was not big enough for the gas station.
@kepweng (16794)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
im sad to hear your story my friend yeah thier are many like that
You should sue him! That's just horrible scamming you like that they deserve to be in Jail.You should have check other people who might do better.