Where the Heck Did August Go?

Seems just a short time ago that it was then end of July. I dreaded that because I was turning 60. Was a rough day for me. LOL, but I survived to tell the tale. Now it is the end of August and the crisp air tells me that autumn weather is not far away. One day we have the heat on, the next the windows are wide open. Can never plan ahead it seems when it comes to the weather. I would love to go to the beach again this weekend. However, hubby wants to go to another fair. It will be a fun day for Little Miss though. Lots laughs and a fireworks display at the end of the day. We could go to the beach the following weekend though. But, I believe that my husband will be left behind because he has a bow shoot. I could take my daughter with me. Driving long distances alone aren't my cup of tea. So, with August ending soon, are you trying to make plans for the next month too?
@dodo19 (31996)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I wish I could tell you where August went. It went by so fast, and now school is starting. We're getting some cooler weather as well. Fall probably isn't too far behind.
Oh the thought of fall being so close is making me whine!
@dodo19 (31996)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@ElusiveButterfly I know the feeling. I'm sad that summer is almost over. Although I'll complain when winter is here, especially if it's a cold one.
@dodo19 my elderly clients tell me often of how bad winter will be this year. I hope they are incorrect with their statements. We will have to wait and see.
I never 'plan' anything. It seems any time I do, something happens to ruin them, so I just 'go with the flow' and whatever happens, happens.
Hmmm, maybe I should do that as well. I do have to plan around the weekend I have to work though. Hate working weekends, but at least I now only have one weekend a month that I have to work.
@BarBaraPrz (19418)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@JolietJake A stress-less way to look at things.
@Blondie2222 (21221)
I know i can't believe august is about over and a new month to begin. I'm not looking forward to September as Im having heart surgery the end of the month. I haven't been to a beach at all this summer but that's okay i did go to a water park for a week so that will do. Busy weekend for me with labor day this weekend lots of festivities going on.
I have Labor Day off, which is unusual for me. Not sure / what I'll do with the day just yet. What is the procedure you are having on your heart?
@Blondie2222 (21221)
@ElusiveButterfly they are replacing my mitral valve that is leaking which is causing my left ventricle to enlarge.
@Blondie2222 oh my, how long will you be in the hospital for that?
Making plans? You are kidding me. I just live day to day.
Sometimes it is all we can do.
A day at the beach is on our short term wish list also, but I fear it may not be happen. Time is flying by. We are booked this weekend, so no beach, and we have an out-of-town wedding to go to next weekend, so no beach unless we can squeeze in some time on the Sunday afternoon. It depends when we roll in, we're taking a hotel room for the night following the wedding. Good luck with making your last trip to the beach for the year wish happen.
I hope you have a great time at the wedding. If you can get to the beach, enjoy!!
@Morleyhunt (19539)
My husband have a much needed and anticipated vacation coming up in just over a week. So often his schedule doesn't allow time for a day away, but the schedule is cleared and we are good to go.....unless
There is always something that comes along to sour our plans. Dang nabbit!
I am looking forward to decorating for the holidays. That's always fun.
I do enjoy decorating for the holidays as well. But, the snow and cold weather is not a favorite.
@ElusiveButterfly It isn't for many people, but for me it's a favorite, though the harsh sub zero temps aren't so much. I don't go out if I can avoid it in such cases.
@just4him I have to go out in it all week long unless my company cancels visits because the roads are bad.
@TheSojourner (17479)
I agree that it's ending too soon and I want to go back two months.
Please and thank you! Summer flew by way too fast.
@ElusiveButterfly Please...yes....*sad face*
We are hoping it get at least one camping trip in before it gets too cold. We just take day to day. We don't make plans because they rarely happen. Seems plans never work out.
I usually get disappointed when we make plans for the future. Last minute plans work out better!
@ElusiveButterfly yes they do
@holdoors (1672)
I guess I will go with the flow although I have some projects due in September. This is going to be some sort of a challenging month.
Why will it be challenging for you?
@holdoors (1672)
@ElusiveButterfly I am tasked to making new changes to our company's system of tracking things. We will be using new software.
Yes, August went by very quickly.
Way too fast!
• Japan
After starting school I have been thinking it was already September for the past week!
School starts up next month here. Some have started earlier in other districts.
How far is the beach ?
It is a 3 1/2 hour drive!
@ElusiveButterfly oh dang. Was goinf to say of its close, do both
@Courtlynn if I got up early enough I could. But, I can't drive that long and stay awake.
@thelme55 (14040)
Yes, time flies so fast and September is coming. The weather here is not good and I feel that Autumn is coming soon.
The leaves on some of the trees are already turning colors.
@thelme55 (14040)
@ElusiveButterfly yes, some started to become yellow.
@thelme55 we have many turning orange and red already. Our peak foliage doesn't usually occur until October.
I'm just getting ready for bachelorette parties and a wedding! lol
Exciting stuff! We have no weddings in the near future. I do have to start planning a baby shower though. My son and his wife are expecting their first child at the end of December.
The weather sure is changing here day by day and the month just went so fast.
It is in the forties this morning. Flipping cold! Not giving in and wearing long pants just yet. LOL. I'll keep my capris out for a while.
@averygirl72 (16670)
The days are so fast August is over again. Nice to know your plans. Few months to go and 2017 will end. Hope September will be a good month for all of us
I do enjoy the Autumn months. The fall foliage is beautiful. Summer is still my favorite season.
In the blink of an eye, we are going to be saying what happened to September?
Oh boo. Sad but true too.
@Sreekala (22199)
I don't have the habit of planning anything in advance. However, it is surprised me how the time running fast. First week of September is filled with holidays. Our 'Onam' (south Indian festival) is also on the row. So I will be off from mylot from Saturday to Monday.
I'll probably be here for a while this weekend.
@Lucky15 (33427)
Next month will be busy month for me, and hoping for no typhoon for typhoons come more than one during september
I hope there are no typhoons for you either!