A new bus experience almost alone coming soon! today is the happiest day in my life!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Today was the best day of my life so far, and it is going to get better than today! Today, my peer counselor, Jamie, came to my house and she drove us down the hill to the bus stop. I got us on the correct bus. We were headed to the library again. Jamie had me when to decide when to push the red button requesting a stop about a block from the library. I did that perfectly. I then told her where we were crossing the street. It is a busy street, and I took us to the crosswalk and looked all around and got us across the street with ease without either of us getting hit by a car!!! I then got us to the library, and we chatted with the librarians who were so thrilled to see me! They think I should visit more often! THEN THE GOOD NEWS! I am going to take re bus to the library a week from today on Thursday morning BUT it will be different as Jamie is going to take me to the bus stop and she is going to see if I can get on he right bus, push the red button to where i want to stop, then she will be following the bus by car. If II do okay, then I could start going myself without any supervision to the library and by bus!!!! I am now the happiest person on this planet! I SMELL FREEDOM COMING TO ME SOON!
This is wonderful Jennifer! Soon you will be well on your way to being more independent
I am so excited about it!!! I never thought I would have independence in this lifetime!!
@Marty1 Well there you go you see, one never knows what dreams can come true!!
@TiarasOceanView It iwng4etting closer and closer to coming totally true
How great is that?! Did you have some cognitive difficulty?
I am so sorry, but I am afraid I don't know what you mean if I had cognitive difficulty,
@Marty1 ......I was wondering what was wrong and why you need this help with the bus schedule and getting across the street and such.
@celticeagle I have never done things like this before. I had been not allowed to leave the house without a family member, not allowed to date and wasn't allowed tohave friends or have any friend over from school live a full life. I spent my first 44 years of life reading in my room
@deazil (4547)
Congratulations!!! You did very well today! I'm really happy for you. You seem happy about it too. I'm excited to hear about your trip next week. The smell of freedom - it smells good, doesn't it?
Thank you very much! I will be reporting next week on my experience. Do I really appear happy? Lol!
@deazil (4547)
@Marty1 You're welcome! Happy? You? hahaha Well, you kind of gave the idea that you might be.
@deazil I tried to hide my happiness Guess I failed at that!
@moffittjc (45390)
• Gainesville, Florida
I had a rough day at work, and then I cam home and read this post, and it totally turned my day around! I now have a smile on my face instead of a frown! This was great information to hear about! i hope everything goes well for you!
Thank you! Yes, it will be alright I think. I had a setback in my mental health last night before bed, so YOUR response made my day!! I am feeling much better today because of you!
@moffittjc (45390)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Marty1 Aww, I'm glad I could help you with words of encouragement! We all get down every now and then, so it's nice when all of us hear on myLot can lift each other up and help support each other!
@moffittjc You were a great help! Everybody is so kind on my lot! You are especially kind!! i am feeling better today!
@SonjaRae (4802)
Jennifer this is so exciting and I am so happy to hear this! Please update us and let us know how it goes I am thrilled for you!
Thank you vvery much! I will be reporting Thursday evening as after the library I have to go to my therapist so I will be gone most of the day, But if I have time when I get home between library and therapy I will try my hardest! I will be back some time Thursday for sure!
@SonjaRae (4802)
@Marty1 Good Luck and enjoy the adventure this freedom gives you
@SonjaRae I will try my hardest to enjoy it as much as I can!
@sallypup (28631)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I feel your delight. I'm so happy that it all turned out fantastic.
Yes, it turned out great. The only problem is it according to this mornings news it is 30% chance of rain on Friday when I plan on going back, It is supposed to be rain from Hurricane Irma. We usually get rain from all hurricanes as we are too far inland for the actual hurricane to hit near us
@sallypup (28631)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Marty1 Rain is okay. Dangerous high winds aren't. Just stay cozy in your place.
@sallypup I don't know if we will get high winds. Usually, we just get the rain. Yes, high winds can wreak havoc on the nerves. For awhile earlier this year we had high winds on an almost daily basis. But not lately. I will probably o to drip off books after my case manager takes me t the doctor on Thursday. We go by car to the doctor whenever she takes me!
Kudos to you lady! I am sure you will do just fine.
Thank you! I am hoping i do fine!! i am going to try my hardest!
@Marty1 keep us posted either way. If you don't succeed the first time, don't give up.
@ElusiveButterfly will do that for sure! I promise the good, and hopefully, i will have no bad to report! But if something goes wrong I will report it too
@silvermist (20116)
Happy for you.That was a great day.Update us on your next week's Library visit.
I will do it for sure! I am getting excited already!
@silvermist (20116)
@silvermist Just noticed the star avatar! I love it! I think that it is appropriate for your name!
That is really good. Our town is very small and I can't imagine living in a bigger city.
I do not live in a bigger city. I also live in a small town suburb of Pittsburgh. I happen to be lucky i was told as my suburb has plenty of bus stops
Congratulations!!!! You did great and will do so again and again. Jamie sounds like a wonderful teacher and you an A+ student!!!! You will be free and independent soon. I'm so proud and happy to hear this!!!!
(blushing!!) I tried to be a good student!! Jamie is the best!!! She is such a sweetheart! I will be going about once a week to the library. My psychiatrist and I made a Behavior goal I will go once a week to the library by bus alone. He said to wait to go alone till Jamie says I can. I think that permission will be granted on Thursday! I am so excited!
@ridingbet (59680)
that is good to know. take care when you board the bus.
I am very careful boarding the bus I use the railing all the way on and off I have problems with steps if i don't use railings. So I will be nioce and safe!
That's pretty awesome enjoy :)
Thank you! I will enjoy myself a lot I can assure you of that!
@thelme55 (15059)
That is great. Soon you can do it by yourself.
Yes, I just have to go with my peer, Jamie, driving behind the bus then I am probably on my own after that!
So very, very happy for you Jennifer. I am listeningn right now to Mozart Symphony #40 in G Minor, K 550 - 1. Molto Allegro and the music is perfect to feel your excitement!
Anzor Kinkladze Georgian SIMI Festival Orchestra 1998 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
I used to have this symphony on cassette tape and loved it! I didn't know that was the same symphony I listened to by reading the title but remember the song! Thank you for sharing! Thank you for being happy for me! i appreciate it! I finally feel like an adult now, A big girl!
That is wonderful news!
Thank you! i feel freedom calling my name!! maybe will change my name to Freedom, I think it is a pretty name!~
@PatZAnthony (13056)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
This is all such great news for you @Marty1 Hope it all goes well as you must be feeling that freedom just around the corner.
It is the best news I ever had! I can almost taste the freedom!!
Wow, can't wait until next week to hear all about your virgin voyage!
I will be writing about it for sure!
So proud of you, my friend!! So happy that freedom will soon be yours!! The library will be yours whenever you want! Yippee!!!
Thank you so much!! I am looking forward to going whenever I wish! I would love to go once a week. Browsing I found so many books I want to read that I had to put some books back as i had too many in my library bag to carry home! I will have to start reading more to read all those books I am anxious to read!
@Tina30219 (35857)
• Onaway, Michigan
That is great news. I am sure you will be super happy once you are able to do it by yourself then you will be able to go as much as you want then.
@RubyHawk (29546)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Congratulations, you're doing so well. Before long you'll be going everywhere you want to.You should be happy you'll be out on your own. You can go to the library, grocery shopping and everywhere. I'm so happy for you.