Shopping Cart-ma

Our Costco entrance area is sort of like a stage . . . it has two long ramps on the side and short but wide stairs in front. As I was exiting Costco, I saw a man parking his shopping cart atop of the stairs. He took out his stuff (which looked like three pillows), left the shopping cart where it was, and proceeded down the steps to leave. How rude of him to leave his shopping cart in the middle of a busy walkway like that. When he began to walk through the parking lot, a strange thing happened. The shopping cart started moving on its own. It rolled perfectly down the stairs and into the parking lot - directly towards the man. The man was surprised to be gently bumped in the rear by a shopping cart! Well, I think he knew it was "his" cart. He may have realized he shouldn't have left it atop of the stairs like that . With a grumpy face, he put the pillows back into the cart and pushed it onward. That's what he got for not returning the shopping cart to a proper place - it was shopping cart-ma (kharma ). Have you seen kharma at work lately?
The shopping cart reminded him of his duty.
It sure did! But good thing the shopping cart didn't hurt someone else!
Now that is payback for a bad deed. Would have been fun to watch that happen.
This all happened in a very short time . . . it was interesting watching it all unfold. There wasn't even any time to warn the guy . . . but well, maybe it was better he learned this way.
No but I sure wish I would lol Thats hilarious and I love the your play on words Much
I don't know how the words come to me - the funny thing is I always tell true stories . Yah, I think can think of certain people I know that kharma needs to drop in on a little more often .
@much2say Its magic thats where it comes from..Lisa Frank lol
@TiarasOceanView I suppose if it weren't against the rules, I'd be using more "colorful" words
@topffer (33790)
• France
I suspect that carts moving on their own, are like tables turning during séances of spiritualism. You really did not realized that you pushed a bit this cart?
If I did, I must have used my telekinetic powers . But honestly, if I had such powers, I'd hope I'd be doing more than playing pranks on shoppers .
Lol, I haven't lately but I'm glad he took it with him after he was "gently" reminded to do the right thing.
I wasn't sure what he would do after getting hit either . . . hopefully he did the right thing after that and left the shopping cart smiling .
@YrNemo (11747)
bet you there was a ghost with a sense of humor there at that store!
That would be great if there was such a ghost there to teach many people a lesson!!
@YrNemo (11747)
@much2say like smacking naughty kids on the bum? That would be nice !
@YrNemo Oh there was a screamer in the store today - I don't know what that was about but this kid just would not stop screaming. That kinda ghost would've come in handy .
was that sort of funny there so to speak
It happened in a short time frame, but I sure was laughing inside!
• Otis Orchards, Washington
I'll bet he didn't lear a thing and will park his cart in a busy walkway any day of the week.
I think so too. People like that keep doing the stupid things they always do - because they don't care. Seriously, it's not a big deal to walk a cart to where it belongs!
• Otis Orchards, Washington
@much2say I went to Costco yesterday and they were giving out samples. People just parked their cart right in the middle of the aisle while they carried on a conversation with the person giving out samples.
@RichardMeister Ohhhh, I hate that so much too . Some people (like a lot of people) have no sense of moving their cart out of the way - they have no concept of space or being courteous! So what samples did you get?
@RubyHawk (23280)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Shopping carts can be dangerous left in the wrong places. Maybe he learned a lesson.
It is . . . that's why they ask they we all put the carts in those return areas - but so many people don't .
@RubyHawk (23280)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@much2say Maybe they should all be like Aldi. You put a quarter in a slot to get a buggy and Return it to get your quarter back.
@RubyHawk Ah, I didn't realize there were places that did that (we don't have an Aldi out here). Oh my gosh, if they started that in this part of CA, I'm sure people would be so mad! But it makes sense, doesn't it?
@SonjaRae (4895)
You painted such a descriptive image with your words. I lauhed as I saw it coming towards him! Haha
It was pretty hilarious watching it all unfold . . . I wish I had some popcorn on me, but well, it all happened too fast .
@SonjaRae (4895)
@much2say yeah that would've needed to be in slow-motion like it was when I read your words! LOL
@SonjaRae I could have gotten a warehouse size bag of popcorn from Costco .
@FayeHazel (17093)
Lol! I love it. Thanks for sharing.
It happened for real, but I'm thinking the guy will most likely leave his shopping cart "anywhere" again.
@FayeHazel (17093)
@much2say That would make an awesome video on Youtube
@FayeHazel Right? It all happened too fast - I would have taken a video had I known the ending .
Must have been funny to see that mans cart bump him in the rear after he left it on the stairs.
It was shocking to see this all unfold like that - it's as if the shopping cart knew exactly where the target was .
@much2say shopping cart revenge
@Marilynda1225 Do not feed the shopping carts !
"As you brew, so much you drink"!That served the guy right! It is inconceivable that the shopping cart was moving on its own in the nick of time and hit the guy.I am not sure if the kharma means wrongdoers are paid out in the end.
Isn't it funny? Unbelievable that a shopping cart would do that - it's as if it had a mind and will of its own! Yes, it's the same as saying do good and good may come back to you . . . or if you do something bad, bad will be returned to you.
@much2say But then again,it is only a matter of time for the guy to be punished,though in different form from this.
@changjiangzhibin89 That could very well happen! For his sake I hope he does something good to make up for it .
That is too funny. Why not just leave the cart in the store?
Costco carts are big (probably the same for any of those warehouse stores - like Sam's Club). They are too big that there is no room to store them inside . . . people grab them from the rows outside. So they do need to be returned outside . . . but not in the middle of a busy walkway like this guy did!
@much2say that was just pure laziness on his part.
@ElusiveButterfly It sure was. But people here will stick their carts anywhere . . . lots of lazy people around.
@kepweng (13243)
maybe you will not shop anymore in costco change in walmart or target right?
Oh no - I have membership to Costco . . . and some things are at a better deal buying in bulk there - so I will still go to Costco. But I do go to both Walmart and Target too for other stuff .
@kepweng (13243)
@much2say costco selling pizza right? how it taste better than shakeys , dominos or pizza hut
@kepweng Costco pizza is the cheapest . A lot of schools buy Costco pizza for their events!
Yes, I always pick up a piece of trash or two as I walk Downtown, and properly dispose of it. I did this one morning, and five minutes later I found a dollar in the middle of the street. Instant Karma!
You're a good guy and I'm glad these good bits of karma happen to you!
@much2say - I hope so. Good Karma is always nice.
@velvet53 (16287)
• Palisade, Colorado
Ha Ha I love this. I was needing a good laugh and you gave me one. Hopefully next time he will put the cart where it belongs.
Oh yay, I'm glad it made you laugh . . . it's a true story too! Sadly I think people like this have that chronic habit of leaving their shopping cart "wherevers".
@velvet53 (16287)
• Palisade, Colorado
@much2say Yes they do leave them where ever they want to. I almost hit one because someone shoved it so close to my car.
• Eugene, Oregon
Poetic justice happens quickly at times. Great story!
It all happened so quickly - had I known this would happen, I would have shot a video as proof !
• Eugene, Oregon
@much2say That would have gone viral!
That is too funny and would have been hilarious to watch. He had it coming.
I felt kinda bad I didn't warn the guy, but eh, it was good the shopping cart taught the guy a lesson on it's own .
@much2say and it got the right guy too...
That is too funny. I bet he learned his lesson.
I sure hope he did! He's lucky the shopping cart didn't hurt someone else or hit a car!
@much2say Yes he is.