(I am) walking on a tight rope.

@ridingbet (44032)
I and my son are feeling that we are walking on a tight rope. Why? It is because my sister is always checking on our actions in the house. An example is: just a few minutes ago, she asked me and my son who did not close the makeshift door on top of the stairs, because the dogs might go up and enter in any of the rooms. My son apologized, but he looked at me shaking his head. Another is: just several seconds ago, she asked where the floor mat is, when she knows Thor uses the mat to keep himself warm for the night. I try not to answer her in a loud voice. I try not to mind her, but she is provoking me and my son to answer her back. When she forgets to put back something in its proper place, I and my son do not ‘call her attention’, like what she does to us. Yesterday, she forgot the kettle near the bathroom upstairs, and I and my son did not bring it down. Sometimes too, she forgets to switch off the light at the back, and I don’t close it for her. She should know she has some mistakes too. She is not perfect, although she claims to be. Are you walking on a tight rope in your house too?
@Sreekala (20667)
My hubby used to say something all the days. He wants to keep everywhere neat and tidy. He does it every morning before going to office, and on returning home he can see children messed up all over. I try to make them understand to keep it in proper place, but he can spot the things are not in the exact place he kept in morning. I don't mind that much because children are children if they are perfect like elders then how they can be children. Neither I won't give lecture to my hubby nor I support him. I need peace at home. I can see children gets annoyed, but it does not matter, they also need to learn the lessons of discipline, isn't it. Now all changed, as his work changed and he hardly get time to do anything at home. So no complaints
@ridingbet (44032)
it is nice to know that you live in a harmonious home with your family.
@holdoors (1673)
Yes, we have some sensitive people in the house. My grandmother is pretty forgetful too.
@ridingbet (44032)
but having a forgetful grandmother should give you more patience in to taking care of her.
No, I am not walking on a tight rope in my home. I am not perfect and my husband is not either and we assume our mistakes.
@ridingbet (44032)
that is great. there is a give and take situation among you and your family members.
@ridingbet My family as a matter of fact is only my husband, because no one lives in our home with us.
@ridingbet (44032)
@LadyDuck if it is so, then there is a give and take between both of you and your husband.
Thank goodness I have nobody in the house like that at the moment. It's my own house and I believe I am free to do whatever I want with it. I pay the bills and everything.
@ridingbet (44032)
good to know. my sister is our oldest sibling and my only sister as well, but i think that is not an excuse for her to step on us, her younger siblings.
@ridingbet Definitely not.
My mom and I are like that sometimes, I am guilty as well. That's why I don't ask sometimes were the stuff is because there are instances now that I also misplaced things. What's even sadder is that I'm not even that old yet
@ridingbet (44032)
hahaha! i think if you are thinking too much, you might forget the first things that is prioritized in your mind.
@minx267 (11180)
• Hartford, Connecticut
I have the same issues with my roommate she leaves things all over. Most of the time I just fix it or move it or throw it away. But sometimes I get mad and tell her. It does no good though. but if she does one thing "right" or what she considers right.. she has to tell me about it like she is bragging... I don't even bother mentioning that it doesn't make up for all the things she doesn't do.
@ridingbet (44032)
oh, it is difficult to have someone living with you with that kind of attitude. for me, i think i can still be relaxed because she is my sister, unlike you since she is just your roommate.
It is best to just ignore her and not say anything to her when she makes a mistake.
@ridingbet (44032)
that is why i have to have a longer patience, my friend, and not stoop down and answer her back.
@rosedust82 (2075)
I am thankful I have my own house because no one can tell me what I should or shouldn't do. When I was still with my husband and we were living in his parent's house, we had the same sort of problem. Although my mother in law was always nice to me, there were times when parents will remark on the things that you do or buy or say. This has caused issues. Even with how to raise our child and if she deems something is too extravagant, she'll definitely say it out loud.
@ridingbet (44032)
my lot is just behind our ancestral home. my late mother advised me before that i build a house, but when i told her who will live in our ancestral home, she dismissed the idea.
@ridingbet Maybe one of these days you both sit down and talk about things like that. I think we're in a country where talking is seen as a confrontational thing.
@ridingbet (44032)
@rosedust82 this morning, we had another confrontation and i raised my voice again. i hate it when we have discussions. but now, we are talking again.
Be patient with your sister. She is just getting older that is why she is like that already. That's what the old people feel, they say and don't accept that they commt make mistakes, though they do most of the time. Anyway, we are all but human , that's why we err, and that's what you should just tell her everytime she calls your attention.
@ridingbet (44032)
i am telling her today, always, to be stress-free because all her systems will be stressful too. she has the outward symptom of anxiety as itchiness all over her body, which can be contributed by the insensible loss.
@ridingbet What is her reaction when you told her that?
@ridingbet (44032)
@SIMPLYD she just shrugs her shoulders and said none.
@Shellyann36 (8486)
So sorry that you feel as if you are constantly being harassed about something in the home. Yes, I feel that way at times. Of course, I have a temper and I don't hold my tongue as nicely as you do.
@ridingbet (44032)
when i did not know i have a heart ailment, i was so sensitive and vulnerable to fights, but when i knew i have to keep my heart stress-free, i decided to pass these emotional outbursts of my sister.
@ridingbet Well for your sake, please keep your stress levels down.
@ridingbet (44032)
@Shellyann36 i am trying to, my friend. i have to.
I mean sometimes each of us three will do the same as she does to you, but its because if someone turns something on we expect them to turn it off etc. But weve learned not to fuss so much over those things
@ridingbet (44032)
right, and sometimes i follow the policy of "to each his own". i should have my own space here at home.
@ridingbet maybe true
@averygirl72 (16677)
My father is a fault finder and complainer. He is always looking for something wrong in the house and yes when he made the mistake we can't complain. We understand him. It's very annoying
@ridingbet (44032)
yes and it takes more patience to not answer them back because we might be misconstrued as 'ingrata' or 'walang utang ng loob'. maybe because they are older than us? hahaha!
@bluesa (13432)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Many times I have to bite down. And because I am extra busy my patience is thin. All you can try to do is breathe through it my friend.
@ridingbet (44032)
i have always expressed my rant in this site, my friend. i have posted so many discussions about my emotions to my sister, and i appreciate you all for sympathizing with me and giving me unsolicited advice. yes, i have to remain calmer in these situations, because if i answer back, maybe all h_ _l breaks loose.
@JustBhem (30204)
• Davao, Philippines
Always for me. Their eyes are on me.
@ridingbet (44032)
so you have to be always on your toes, hija. less mistakes equates to less talk against you.
@kepweng (9536)
some of my family member is just like that what you mentioned im afraid
@ridingbet (44032)
it takes patience to love with these kinds of people.
@kixsh101 (724)
Its really hard to be living in the same house with people like that..
@ridingbet (44032)
but with patience, we should live in harmony.