There will be a long weekend for me!

@Sreekala (22720)
Dear friends, All of you are aware that tomorrow is Saturday and holiday on ‘Bakrid’ (in this place it is tomorrow). Then Sunday is coming, Monday will be the ‘ONAM’ for us. It already started in our native state and Monday is the most important day and I would like to take an off to celebrate it with my family. Last two ‘Onam’ we could not celebrate as we had loss of life in our family (first one my father in law died then next year maternal granny died – if there is a death in family then one year no celebrations in the family). With God’s grace we can celebrate this year but definitely in a limited manner as we have financial crisis. Onam and Eid greetings to all mylot members. Have a great weekend to every one, see you on Tuesday. Take care
@mandala100 (38839)
@Sreekala Same to you my friend have a nice weekend.
@Sreekala (22720)
Thank you as see you next week then.
@mandala100 (38839)
@Sreekala Alright my friend and enjoy your weekend.
@cacay1 (32741)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@mandala100 , have a nice celebration in your home.
@Lucky15 (33423)
Everyone seems to have a long weekend :)
@cacay1 (32741)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Lucky15 , in our country we had 2 Mondays no work and this day, so many hours I missed in class.
@Sreekala (22720)
I will be missed mylot. Enjoy your time
@Lucky15 (33423)
@cacay1 the down side :/
@ridingbet (49544)
it is also a long weekend here in my country because Friday is the Muslim celebration of Eid al-Adha.
@Sreekala (22720)
In our place it was on Saturday.Hope you too had a great time.
@ridingbet (49544)
@Sreekala we had although we are not Muslims.
@Sreekala (22720)
@ridingbet It is really great to know that there are no religious hindrance on celebrations all over the world.
@cacay1 (32741)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Have a nice and great celebration, never mind if the celeb is not a lavished one, what is important is good health and happy all the time.
@Sreekala (22720)
Thank you. Yes, you are right.
@cacay1 (32741)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Sreekala yes, true and we are thankful that we can adjust well to any life's situation.
@kixsh101 (746)
We also had a series of holidays here in my country for a couple of weeks now. Happy weekend too!
@cacay1 (32741)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@kixsh101 , that is true, series of 2 Mondays and this day too.
@Sreekala (22720)
So all of us have holidays ahead. Good, enjoy
@prashu228 (25821)
Oh wow.. good celebration time. It's a holiday for me too. But Monday is not a holiday , so we can see our Malayalam colleagues in onam Saree...
@cacay1 (32741)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@prashu228 , we also have long vacation, yay
@Sreekala (22720)
Yes, children from Kerala school gone on Kerala saree today as a part of their celebration.
@Teekaaa (5639)
Happy onam ....!!!
@Sreekala (22720)
Thank you so much.
@ilocosboy (34320)
Its also a long weekend in my country because today the Philippines celebrated the Eid al-Adha. Though we are predominantly with Christians with almost 85 percent but our brothers from Mindanao and other parts of the country are Muslims. In this regards the government declared this as non-working holiday.
@Sreekala (22720)
It seem holidays on every part of the world on different reasons. Good to know it.
It was also a Holiday here in the Philippines last Sept. 1. So, we also had a long holiday. But I spent the days all just at home resting. That's because, prior to that long weekend the two weekends before that one was also long because of two holidays each Monday of those. And those were spent being with my group of friends in our hometown, since they all arrived for a short vacation.
@Sreekala (22720)
Now I am back to work after 3 days home stay. Honestly I prefer to be at office so that I can breath properly. At home am always busy with works works works.
@Sreekala I have the same feeling. I prefer to be at the office during those offs because at home, I keep cleaning and cooking.
@Sreekala (22720)
@SIMPLYD Yes, the works at home never ends, once the jobs finished children will call for something or other.
@SHOHANA (7096)
• Bangladesh
India is a place where celebration is always on and I guess people get enough leave from there work. isn't it?
@Sreekala (22720)
Yes, in Kerala 4 days holidays on account of Onam for offices and schools are getting 10 days off. But I am in a different place and no way getting holiday for a different state festival. I took one leave for the celebrations.
@SHOHANA (7096)
• Bangladesh
@Sreekala oh,only once you get leave you work in other state or your inlaws belongs to other state? heard about kerala
@Sreekala (22720)
@SHOHANA All are in Kerala only my dear. But Me and my family living in Delhi at present.
Sorry to hear of the deaths in family Sreekala. Yes here also will be long weekend..Labor Day is Monday.
@Sreekala (22720)
I hope the holidays are over in your place to and every one is back to work.
@Sreekala Yes it is Tuesday so back to work Sreekala
Hows your week days now? I hope you are doing good today.
@Sreekala (22720)
Yes, I am doing good and celebrations ended for us. But still on in our native state.
@acelawrites (10931)
Have a great time!
@Sreekala (22720)
Thank you. How is your days going on?
• Nairobi, Kenya
I am so sorry for your loss and may their soul rest in peace. Don't worry about the financial crisis as long as you will be able to celebrate this year. Have a nice weekend. :)
@Sreekala (22720)
Everything we need to suffer in life as it is a part of life.
• Pamplona, Spain
See you next week and have a great time. Sorry for the loss of your loved ones too.
@Sreekala (22720)
I am back after three days holidays dear. It was bit stressful as cleaning part made me tired.
@averygirl72 (16656)
The last two weeks of August is long weekend too here in the Philippines. So you will also have a long weekend. Enjoy the holiday with the family and get enough rest
@Sreekala (22720)
Rest won't be possible as cleaning of everywhere is necessary then preparing different food. I will be too busy. Thank you for your wishes.
@thelme55 (14309)
Have a wonderful celebration.
@Sreekala (22720)
Thank you. Have a nice time to you.