Flowerhorn Fishes as Pets

Since 2013 I have been a hobbyist and enthusiast of flowerhorn fishes because I always feel relaxed whenever I see it swimming in my tank. It also gives gestures that seems to be a form of communication. The colors adds up to the excitement and hype, same thing goes with the Nuchal Hump or the Kok (Big mass of flesh on the fish head) and also I always feel lucky whenever I check on the black markings on its body. Having a pet such this creature not only brings lighter feelings on everything but it also brings luck to you and to your hosehold. Would you like to have such pet in your household?
@resukill22 (4862)
Yes you right! Fish can relieve our stress also if we saw it. Yes we have a fish here in our house, because my baby wants it so his father buy it for him.
Woah! Happy to see people who love fishes here. Maybe you could try keeping a flowerhorn fish as well. Flowerhorn works well for a family.
@Anachronoa thank you. Yes I will try it. But what food you always give to him. If the ordinary fish food is ok?
Humpy Head and Ever Red
@resukill22 That's great! Ordinary fish food will work, but I would suggest Humpy Head for better head growth and Ever Red for red coloration.
That is some very interesting colors on that fish and the pattern is one I haven't seen repeated much in the aquariums all around the world ! Great shot @Anachronoa
Actually it is my co-hobbyist photo, I'll post mine some other time, thanks anyway @enlightenedpsych2 , Maybe you could try keeping a flowerhorn and make wonderful photographs of it too!
@Anachronoa naw I have a very curious cat and I can imagine him trying to catch the fish even in a higher placed indoor aquarium ! It would make for some funny cat stories though . . .
@enlightenedpsych2 Seriously? That's awesome, maybe you could share a photo of your fish with your curious cat.
• Nairobi, Kenya
I have never had a pet before but would consider your idea of having a flowerhorn fish as a pet.
You could try starting with a flowerhorn, they are starter friendly pet since they are very tough in any water conditions except for polluted and chemically mixed fresh water.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Anachronoa Thank you for that amazing tip. :) Are flowerhorn fishes ever eaten by people?
@mildredtabitha You're welcome. Yes if they are fed with feeds for tilapia. They are of same specie of a tilapia though.
@prashu228 (25811)
Nice to know that. Why not if it really brings luck . But i really feel it as superstitious. My friends keep turtles at home as they believe it brings money .
Haha! Flowerhorn is a lucky fish. It is superstitious yet most Asians believe to superstitions. Oh, turtles at home really brings money but they should be placed on the backyard.
@prashu228 (25811)
@Anachronoa the turtles were kept in aquarium..
@prashu228 That's cute. Feng shui experts might need to visit their place though just for a better advice on how should they place their lucky charms at home.
@holdoors (1672)
I had it.The fishes are no longer around. We do not have any fish as pets , only dogs now.
Maybe you should try keeping a flowerhorn. Who knows, you might get addicted to it.
@jobelbojel (7173)
Such a lovely pet. I wish I can build a pond and will have kois.
Indeed! These fishes are very lovely. Koi fishes are also adorable. I love their patterns and their movements.
@kixsh101 (746)
My hubby used to own a pet like that too.
Oh, flowerhorn fish is amazing. Maybe you should try keeping another one again for your family.