Preseason is Done

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Last night was the last preseason game for the coming football season. The Packers ended the four games with a 3-1 record. Not bad, only losing to the Broncos. That means that all the games now are on the record. Practice is over. It also means the coaches have until tomorrow to get their rosters down. The Packers will be trimming 37 off the roster. It will be interesting to see which players will join the season regulars for the first game of the season. There were a few really good players this year and I hope a few of them will stay. There is one I would like to see cut, but with my luck in calling the ones I think should be cut, he probably won't be. How did your preseason go? Were you happy with the rookies you saw in the games? Thanks for reading.
Yes,our team did not fare too well.Won only one game.They lost to the New York Giants. Then again they were not using the best there.They wanted to keep the men healthy.As we lost one of the top player.Eldman out for the season
That's a shame he's out for the season. You'll see some of those rookies no doubt in the coming season.
@just4him yes most of the rookies or some of them played last night.they done well
@amadeo That's good. So come next week, you'll see who was left standing. Unless you check it today as the final roster cuts are made.
@skydream (1148)
• Agate, Colorado
My preseason went great, my team is the Broncos and they won each game. There's one rookie, i can't think of the name right now, but he was really good and I'd like to see him make the team. I think our 3rd string QB did pretty well too so it'd be nice to see him stay
Yes, I know you won the game we played against you last week. Still that was a very good game for both teams.
@TheSojourner (17454)
Looks like the Hawks are coming to visit you on the 10th. ;-) We won all 4 in pre-season.
Be prepared to lose then. Though the Pack has always had a hard time beating Seattle. Hope we own home field. It should be a good game either way.
@just4him I'm going to have to find a place to watch it since I don't have cable right now! Well, I do have cable, I just don't have the new system that they want us to hook up yet. I'm paying for it without being able to watch it
@CoralLevang Now that's a bunch of B.S. Why would you be subjected to paying for something you can't use? They should have given you the new system when they hooked you up.
I watched zero preseason games. Lol. I only watch some regular season, and superbowl.
A lot of people are like that. You can tell it by how many fans are in the seats during the game. You will always find Lambeau filled. The announcer was saying 70,000 showed up for last night's game.
@just4him most only care for week 3 of preseason. Cuz thats when the main guys play. But some fans will watch / go to any game just cuz theyre just games
@Courtlynn It's always interesting to see why people do things when they do. I grew up in Wisconsin and football is what we live for. So if the Packers are playing, we're watching.
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yeah, the Cowboys are 3-1 too @just4him . They were suppose to play the Texans Thursday night but because of the hurricane, it was cancelled. So the next game for Dallas will be against the Giants on 9/10; which is always a 'hold your breath game'. And of course the Ezekiele Elliot thing is still in the wind (suspension of games). Go Packers.
The Cowboys did well too in preseason. Understandable that the game was canceled. How are you holding up? Are you close to where Harvey hit?
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
@just4him I'm only 151 miles north of Houston. We got 6+ inches of rain but I'm okay. A lot of people came up I-45 to my town (Fairfield) and filled the motels and hotels.
@nanette64 I'm glad you're okay and glad they had places they could go.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I didn't watch any preseason, but I am pretty excited about the Vols season this year.
I haven't heard of that team.
@MsBooklover (3888)
I am not really into sports, but reading what you wrote, I would say you could easily be a seasoned sportscaster!
Thanks for the compliment. I'm looking forward to the season. Our first game will be a tough one against Seattle. It's on home field, so hopefully that will give us the advantage.
I don't watch any sports.
There are better things to do.
I didn't watch the preseason, but I'm looking forward to the real thing.
It should be a good season.
@peavey (16587)
I am a Broncos fan, so I am happy with the way things are starting. There has been some real changes made in who is playing, but I think it will all work out. Here's to a happy football season!
Yes, enjoyable without serious injuries.
I hope you enjoy the games once they start. I do not like sports except car racing.
I like one car race - the Indy 500.