Had a most amazing day with the wildlife

@minx267 (11219)
Hartford, Connecticut
Yesterday me and my faithful companion. My Nikon Coolpix P900 went out hunting for wildlife. we found some, we took pictures and video of Great Blue Heron, Deer (my first) , Squirrel, Ducks, A Butterfly, American Goldfinch, and a Northern Flicker which is a woodpecker that doesn't often peck wood But I will leave this most awesome video right here www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmpIbgHXPWE
Watch this Great Blue Heron stalking , catching and swallowing his prey whole!!!
@BarBaraPrz (17286)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
It's good that you only hunt with a camera. Thanks for the pics.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
LOL. yep, that is it, me and my camera!!
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
That was awesome! I got to laughing at the way he would lift his leg and then place it back in the water. I could watch these kind of videos all day. Thank you for sharing.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
lol. Me too. his feet are SOOO huge.. and he would lift it and put it down in like slow motion.. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I am going to try to make more videos.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
@minx267 I hope that you do take more videos. I should start doing that myself. I am still laughing over your video.
@velvet53 (15379)
• Palisade, Colorado
@minx267 I would love to see them.
@tammys85 (8294)
Oh that must have been amazing to be so close to nature.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
Yes it was, I went back yesterday too and saw another deer and was able to get a couple more shots. I also saw a couple of wild Turkeys.
@tammys85 (8294)
@minx267 Oh cool. :) Did you get any shots of the wild turkeys?
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@tammys85 yep. i got lots of turkey shots now. this was one of the latest...
https://www.eyeem.com/p/111564813
@ridingbet (36279)
the deer is shy, but is photogenic.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
yes, they certainly are... I was able to get photographs of another about a week and a half ago. mostly of it in thick brush and then of it running away.. lol
@ridingbet (36279)
@minx267 heheh! run after them, my friend.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@ridingbet Oh I did, well not run.. I tried to sneak up on it.. but you can't they always know whats going on..
@sol_cee (13162)
• Japan
Perfect shot! The deer looks mysterious.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
Thank you.. I was so excited to have finally been able to photograph deer... and quite thankful of my cameras amazing zoom as i would not have been able to get this shot of the deer so deep in the woods without it!
@sol_cee (13162)
• Japan
@minx267 I would have scared the deer with my clumsiness. More awesome wilderness pics from you Minx-san. ;)
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@sol_cee LOL. Thank you. I did have to sneak up on them . slowly... only to find they were watching me the whole time..
@silvermist (15807)
That is a wonderful video.The blue heron's patience paid off.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
Great Blue HEron with Fish by minx267
Yes it did! I actually let him be for a few minutes and photographed a butterfly.. when I came back I was able to catch him (in Pictures) making another catch! I guess he was hungry!
@silvermist (15807)
@minx267 I was wondering how it was able to swallow those big fish in a minute like that.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@silvermist This fish wasn't even that big. I saw a video of one swallowing a fish that was so huge it took it forever to swallow it.. but mainly I think because the fish was still alive and kept moving so much. it is in pictures put together in video form.. but here it is
A Great Blue Heron spears and swallows a huge carp at Bosque del Apache NWR on 29 Oct 2013. The process took 11 minutes.
Nature is fascinating to watch and be a part of. You'll always benefit from it.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
Thank you... I love just sitting and watching.. Capturing things on film just gives me a way to share and of course remember!
@minx267 It is a perfect way to relive those wonderful experiences.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@Jeanniemaries Yes, I agree. :)
@mandala100 (25004)
@minx267 Thank you my friend for the given link and yes we need to conserve and preserve all the wildlife.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
You are welcome.. I was fascinated watching him fish.. I am glad I got to get the whole hunt on video.
@mandala100 (25004)
@minx267 That's right my friend.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@mandala100 Glad you enjoyed watching the video!
@YrNemo (7465)
That photo is very beautiful.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
Thank you... I got this one too
https://www.eyeem.com/p/111297621
Great video, and of course awesome pictures! You have an incredible photo of the deer posted above. It's amazing that you caught them in the moment looking directly at you. Thanks for sharing!
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
:) thanks.. Oh once they saw me walking around slowly (looking for them) they were just staring at me trying to figure out what I was doing... if it wasn't for their tails flicking I probably would not have noticed them in the woods.
Wonderful video. Thanks so much for sharing. it.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
Thank you.. :) glad you enjoyed it!
• Lakewood, Colorado
Oh nice Minx..love the photo and video!!
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
Thanks a lot.. I had a lot of fun that day.. :)
We have herons here, and they really are a wonderful sight to see!!! Molly, our pup, stares at those herons who are so still waiting to spy a fish.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
I've been watching a bunch of you tube videos.. amazed at what they eat and the sizes of some of them..
@ebanreb (4043)
Nice to watch animals in the wild.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
yes, I am enjoying it tremendously... I have been going out at least once a week - I have many more pictures of deer now.
@ebanreb (4043)
@minx267 Nice one my friend.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@ebanreb thanks.. I also have now many wild Turkey photos
@1hopefulman (19556)
Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. I will now look at the video. Great picture with the discussion.
@1hopefulman (19556)
Wow, that's amazing that you caught it doing that. Thanks for sharing!
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@1hopefulman :) thanks... I saw him more aggressively staring at the water so I knew he was looking for something to eat... so I switched over to video.. :) Glad you enjoyed it!
@1hopefulman (19556)
@minx267 He was a good hunter!
• Denmark
How near did you get to the deer?
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
Doe a deer
The one in the above pic I was probably a couple hundred feet away.. they were in the woods.. but I have since went back a few more times and have been only about 20-25 feet away from some of them on at least 3 more occasions. This Photo was from this past Friday, I spent about 20 minutes standing next to this deer as we just looked at each other..
• Denmark
@minx267 That must have been an exciting experience.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
Deer
@MALUSE it was... they are so darn cute.. and really inquisitive as much as they are shy.. This one was a couple weeks ago. and we literally kinds scared each other in the woods.. but then we just walked along side each other and I was taking pics and video.. until a couple came along.. talking and scared him off.
@Yadah04 (2901)
DId you used Nikon Coolpix P900 for that picture on your post? The closest thing I have experienced wildlife was watching NatGeo. Good for you, you are able to see these creatures in person.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
yes, I did... I was zoomed in.. so I could see them deep in the woods.. with out the zoom. I probably would not have noticed them there. I am having so much fun this yea and I have discovered and taken pics of so many new animals since I got this camera.. I got a Bald Eagle flying 2 weeks ago! that was the first time I ever saw one.