Choosing Self Reliance

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Life isn’t turning out quite the way I had envisioned. I expected to be globe trotting; travelling hither and yon to see the world. Apparently the Huis Vrouw actually prefers to stay home most of the time. I refuse to let the lack of transportation and funds to get me down and have decided to make the most of what’s available to me. I did some digging around in storage and found myself an old bicycle that I can use to do a bit of exploring close to home. As you can see from my photo, I’ve also discovered a stash of books that look like they might be interesting. They’re a bit big, so figuring out how to manage them might be challenging, but I refuse to let a simple obstacle like that get in the way. You’ll probably be hearing more from me, now that I’ve figured out away to see and do things on my own! Hope everyone one has an AWESOME weekend!
Hello Emmett, nice to see you around. All those books sound interesting, I hope you can find someone to help you to put one on the table and open it. Good luck.
I'm thinking a kindle might be easier for me to manage.
@Platespinner I am not sure you can scroll the pages using your plastic fingers, I suspect it will not work.
@LadyDuck I can use an older model that doesn't have a toivh screen.
@PainsOnSlate (20410)
I would love to visit those books with you, I hope you figure out how to find smaller sizes for you...
I'm used to most things being to big for me. Right now the best way for me to absorb literature is to listen to the Huis Vrouw read out loud during school time.
@Platespinner You will be something special when you grow up...
@PainsOnSlate I think I'm pretty special already...but then I'm so small that I NEED to have a big ego to compete in life.
@kepweng (17613)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
do you Collect books?
Mrs. J enjoys reading and likes to have a copy of particularly enjoyable books. Plus she has a large stash of books for homeschooling her children.
@UncleJoe (10617)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
You have quite an advantage, Emmett. If I take a spill on my bike I have to fall a lot farther.
But think of how much effort I have to expend just to get across the living room (assuming I find away down from the book shelf).
good for you! i want to start using my bike to actually get places. i need to buy a helmet. then test how long it takes me.
Hmmmm. I wonder if I should worry about getting a helmet?
@Morleyhunt (20278)
HI Emmett....I'm sure you'll find that bicycle will open up your world. Self reliance is a good step on the way to responsibility.
I got tired of waiting to be taken places. I figured it might be a good idea to find my own means of transportation.
So Emmet is keeping you good company then.
The Huis Vrouw has been too busy for me the last few days. I've decided that I need to start doing things on my own.
You look really good on that bike of yours!!! Hope you can make some discoveries on your travels around the house.
I really wanted a green bike, but I figured a red one was better than nothing.
I haven't been on a blke in many moons I hope that you enjoy yours.