She's finally moving..

My friend and her kids (7 and 5), have been living in an apartment here since her 5 year old was a newborn. My mom, brother, uncle, family friend, and I all helped her pack up and move her from where she was to here all those years ago. But she's never fully been happy here, because she got the apartment her ex lived in when she was dating him years before then when we were in high school. And he abused her, so it's always been a place she wanted to leave to 100% start fresh. And over the years, she has mentioned leaving MANY times, but she never did.. she never even looked into it. So everytime she has said it, my mom and I just laughed and said "she's not going to move". But now she is! . She finally got a call from housing, saying it was her turn to find somewhere, and that she only had a certain amount of time to do so before she lost her vocher thing for them. So she and her boyfriend searched. And a few weeks ago she told us that she will be living at her bosses sisters place in the next town. And today she sent me a picture of the house key. So it's offical.. my friend is moving. Finally. I'm happy for her and I hope it works out. But I'm also sad, because we won't be 3mins away anymore. And because although we've hardly talked and hung out the last 1-2 years, we've been bestfriends for the other 11-12 years of our 13 year friendship and I hate that now her and the kids will be further away cause now I'll see them even less. And it certainly hurts after finally spending 4 out of 7 days with them this last week!
I hope she finds a place. Sorry they will be further away from you Courtney
She did, its next town over. About 15-25 mins away
@Courtlynn Oh that is great then!
@velvet53 (15285)
• Palisade, Colorado
I am happy and sad over this. I am happy that your friend is moving from a place that holds so many bad memories. But I am also sad for you as she will not be as close to you to visit. But you will always be friends.
Not always but hopefully things get better for us and we stay friends a few more years
@velvet53 (15285)
• Palisade, Colorado
@Courtlynn I hope things work out and you can be friends forever.
@velvet53 nothing last forever sadly. But been 13 years already.
@moffittjc (36714)
• Gainesville, Florida
It's never fun when a close friend moves away. Hopefully, you two will still keep in touch. How far away will your friend be once she moves? Will you still be close enough where you can visit each other?
Another town over. She is lazy and won't go anywhere besides work and even then she doesnt want to get up and do it without complaining. Which is why out plans always get cancelled living here 5mins apart. So no dont think we will. Unless she gets lonely.
@moffittjc (36714)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Courtlynn Well I hope you girls are able to stay in contact.
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
I am so happy for her. This is wonderful news and now she can finally have her fresh start.
Yes, she can.
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
@Srbageldog (6544)
That sucks she'll be further away from you, but at least it's not too far away. Hopefully you'll still be able to see them.
Hardly do now which is why I don't like her moving.. otherwise wouldnt care.
• Marion, Kansas
When we move or our friends move it does change the relationship. I am glad that in my case although my closest friends and I have moved, as we are getting older we are prioritizing getting together on a regular basis.
I know it does, its just that our friendship wasnt good already with talking and hanging out, and now shes moving so i don't know whats going to happen now.. Thats great.!
I hope you can keep in touch even after she moves.
We hardly do now but I hope we can
How far away is she moving? That will be hard Its always hard to lose your friends when they move. But hopefully tshe wont be too far from you. I had a hard time when one if my besties moved to Texas many years ago. We still keep in touch but of course its not the same.
It's mostly hard because we haven't really talked or been close for months - a year and before that we still hung out and talked less than normal for about a year but did it more cuz the kdis were here more. Others wouldnt feel bad or like i do with saying its hard, because of the not tlakong and hanging out much for 1-2 years part. But I'm opposite. I was hoping we'd get close again. And noe shes leaving. The next town over. About 15 -25 mins.
yes old fri ends you miss when they m ove perhaps you'can find a way to keep in touch of course its ot hte'same as seeing them
Its different because we hardly talked and hung out lately anyways.
So many things in life are bittersweet!
Yes they are.
@Athinker (1508)
Ya it's very hurting when your loved one goes away from you .But you have to happy for her finally she get for she wished all time
I don't have to.. but I am.
Even if you will see her less it is hard not to be happy for them.
Kinda. I mean theres no real reason for her to move. She just wants to.
@prashu228 (23352)
Hope she will be happy where ever she goes