And the could be solution to forest fires is

@vandana7 (58911)
Distance between the trees and combination of trees... I mean, I know not all trees grow everywhere. And I also know that winds blow in some directions in some season and another direction in another season. Finally, I love woods...I am no seashore person or desert person or even mountain person. Woods and meadows and creeks ..those are kinda my kinda places. That said ...minimum distance between two trees should be double or more the distance of the width of the tree. By width ..I don't mean the trunk. But the spread of branches.....circumference considering the longest branch as the radius, including its leaves. The idea is wind should not be able to carry the burning wood or dried leaves to that distance, and even if it does, the fire would have cooled some. Second suggestion ...use trees that do not have leaves at the same level. Alternate palm trees with Mango or whatever trees. Third suggestion have them all at different ages. I don't think younger trees can burn as much as the older ones. Of course all the suggestions can be combined and variations can be tried. I am left to wonder why we in India do not have forest fires. Or for that matter they are not common in African countries or even Europe. Wonder what is the difference... My solutions and suggestions are essentially musing ...trying to think scientifically. I could be wrong so there is no hard and fast rule these suggestions would work. What do you all think?
I don't think it's possible my friend, because trees kind of just grow where ever they want and, I know sounds crazy, but fires actually cause seeds to hatch from trees and, more trees will grow.
@vandana7 (58911)
That is logical, but hey, those what come up later, are not as likely to catch fire as those that are older because inside the bark there is sap to dampen the fire...in younger ones older ones do not have as much...
@ptrikha_2 (6233)
May be the problem is not forest fires as such, but fires that engulf more than the expected areas. And may be global warming is making these fires deadlier?
@acelawrites (10866)
It is so sad when there's forest fires, because we have dwindling forests(trees) needed for a cooler environment.
@vandana7 (58911)
Absolutely..
I never thought about it, but your suggestions have merit. When I see pictures of India, I don't see many trees, probably why you don't have forest fires. Now I could be wrong about that, remember, I have never been to India, and all I've seen are pictures.
@vandana7 (58911)
I agree we do not have as much forest cover as you all. But what we have is breathtakingly beautiful too.
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository Jump to: navigation, search Size of this preview: 800 × 451 pixels. Other resolutions: 320 × 180 pixels | 640 × 361 pixels | 1,024 × 577 pixels | 1,280 × 721 pixels | 3,648 × 2,056 pixels. Original file ?(3
@vandana7 That is beautiful!
@ilocosboy (34393)
That can contribute to avoid forest fires but because were speaking of forest which means and shrubs are grow during rainy season and dried up in summer. And during summer the overheating world cause that dried leaves and twigs to heat and eventually fire. Hmm, what I think is to address global warming by not using plastics and styro.
@vandana7 (58911)
Oh I agree about plastics and styro..Yeah...cleaning of shrubs will go a long way...because they do catch fire faster when dry..
@ilocosboy (34393)
@vandana7 this is one of the reason forest fire also happen in my country.
@YrNemo (9322)
No bushfire or forest fire in India? Cool! Your country is so lucky then.
@vandana7 (58911)
Yeah...I know...:)
I think your idea might just work there is a fire right now in our forest.
@vandana7 (58911)
I keep wondering why such things don't happen in India, or even Africa...something we must be doing must be right...
I think if there are no forest fires to clear the debris away, no new stuff could ever possibly manage to be born . . .
Not sure what the solution is ..You have some good ideas Vanny.
@RubyHawk (21147)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I don't know how we can avoid forest fires. I love trees growing wild just as they spring up from the ground. I wouldn't like to see them thinned. It wouldn't be woods anymore. Everyone could be more careful. Most fires are manmade. And where forests burn new growth soon takes over to replenish the forest.
@FayeHazel (13390)
That's an interesting concept. I admit I have never thought of it... it could work. You're right we should get some scientists on it!