September national day #3

Day three, here we go! First up is U.S. Bowling League Day. I've never been on a bowling league, but my mom has. She was on teams for big and small balls back when I was a kid. And up until 2 years ago when she first broke her wrist, she was on a team for small balls for about 3 years. Her team always came in top 3. And then you have, National Welsh Rarebit Day. Which I had no clue what it was. But apparently it's bread with cheese.. and now people put other things on it too.
I love both of those!
Woohoo!
@BloggerDi (593)
I've heard of Welsh Rarebit but I never knew what it was either. Now I want to look it up. I've never bowled in a tourney but I've been bowling in leagues for a few years and I love it. This is a fun topic @Courtlynn! There are certainly some odd national days to be celebrated!
Thought all bowling leagues, did tournaments?
@Courtlynn Not necessarily. At least at my bowling house, when a person is on league, it just means they are part of a team that competes in a specific group, on a particular day of the week. Many of the better bowlers on my league participate in tournaments. I don't because I just consider myself a mediocre bowler.
@BloggerDi here thats what the tournaments sre. The teams on that night bowling against one another for a few months.
I cannot bowl. Well, I bowled a 12 on my first try and gave up. I do not think I have eaten Welsh Rarebit.
I love bowling, even if I'm not the best. Its a nice stress reliever.
Not days that I would specilly celebrate.
Thats okay.
That's it? It must be great to be a Welsh rabbit that bowls.
Yeah.. tomorrow there's 4 or 5 things. Lol
@moffittjc (42014)
• Gainesville, Florida
I used to bowl in a league when I was a kid. I was pretty good too, and it was so fun! But when I got in high school I made the varsity basketball team, and that ended up consuming all me time. About a month ago, we did a fun work event where everyone at the office went bowling together. It's been years since i last bowled, and it sure showed! We all were horrible, but we had so much fun!
I do it for fun and stress reliever. It sure helps.
@moffittjc (42014)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Courtlynn Yes, bowling is a fun way to relieve stress. It's nice that you've found a great stress reliever.
@moffittjc yeah just exspensive. Which is why i like the darts at home but hate playing alone
My dad was on a bowling league in high school until a couple years before he ended up in assisted living. Now he's passed. I've heard of the other, but only knew it was food, and since it's bread and cheese, I won't be having any, since neither are on my diet.
Yeah I coulsnt do the diet you're on. Lol
@just4him i dont drink, hardly touch soda and have cut down on bread and sweets, and lately on dairy as well but would never cut any breads sweets or diary out. As im a picky eater and need them
@Courtlynn I don't miss the sweets, and there are ways around the dairy. Almond Milk is good for you and non-dairy. I haven't tried Cashew Milk yet, but I understand that one is also very good and non-dairy.
@KristenH (23634)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I love Welsh Rarebit. It's a classic English dish. Real easy to make.
That's good!
@KristenH (23634)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Courtlynn Yep. And I do suck at bowling. Haven't bowled in years.