What is Open Office writer anyway?

Dallas, Texas
I came across this site just now and was wondering what it is. It is called linuxtopia.org Just what is Open Office Writer? Softonic seems to be where the download link is located. It is something I don't know anything about but am curious. If you are using this app let me know. I was wondering how it compares to Microsoft Office Word 2015 So here is a link about it from Wikipedia: from simple.wikipedia.org http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/office_guides/openoffice_writer_user_guide/openoffice_guide_Unary___binary_operators.html
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Apache OpenOffice Writer Apache OpenOffice Writer 3.4 Developer(s) StarOffice StarDivision (1984–1999) OpenOffice.org Sun Microsystems (1999–2010) Oracle Corporation (2010–2011) Apache OpenO
Never heard of this program before.
• Dallas, Texas
I only found it today. It is also very new to me as well.
Never heard of this.
• Dallas, Texas
I am not using that app. I have the Office 365 Personal app that I pay every month. It has Microsoft Word and several other programs inside. I will be using it now instead of Word Starter 2010. I don't know the pros and cons of the Open Office Writer but think the link in my post will be of some interest to others.