Wake up to young Metallica: "Seek and Destroy" Metallica (1983)

Los Angeles, California
“Seek and Destroy” is an all-time Metallica fan favorite and one of the band’s signature songs. They play it at virtually every concert usually as the closer. Way back in 1981, guitarist James Hetfield answered an ad by drummer Lars Ulrich and the mighty Metallica was born. Written by Hetfield and Ulrich, “Seek and Destroy” was on the debut album “Kill ‘em All” launching Metallica to heavy metal god status. I was surfing You Tube looking at music clips. There are a number available of “Seek and Destroy” clips but this particular performance blew me away. We are used to larger than life Metallica thundering in huge arenas. The clip shows a young, raw and unpolished original Metallica in a club setting circa 1983. Look at Hetfield. He is an unrecognizable 20-year-old kid whose not so smooth. This “Seek and Destroy” is exciting and energized because it is from the beginning before the band performed it a million times.
Skip navigation Sign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue The next video is startingstop Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... Find out whyClose 1MASTER1100 Loading... Unsubscribe from 1
For those with short attention spans
Skip navigation Sign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue The next video is startingstop Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... Find out whyClose Olney Music Scene Loading... Unsubscribe
@FourWalls (14206)
• Pakistan
My all time favorite is Enter Sandman. Do listen to it you will love it.
@zainkhan121 I used to sing it a lot at karaoke
@SonjaRae (4895)
John, I watched this and thought WOW, it's funny to me that I never got into Rock like this. My younger sisters listened to Twisted Sister, Kiss, Devo and probably this too. I just never found music that I couldn't sing, harmonize with or dance to appealing. Great nostalgia though, 1983 I was 21 years old!
So you weren't a headbanger?
@SonjaRae (4895)
@JohnRoberts Nope. Never got into that! lol
@SonjaRae I guess you aren't as wild and crazy as your sister lol!
@FourWalls (14206)
Just the title alone tells you that's no Lionel Richie song....
Listening now John and waking up..hope you are doing okay with the fire there
The fire is essentially over. Nature lent a helping hand with some rain overnight and that dampened the flames.
@JohnRoberts Oh good John..but I know you can still smell it for sure..glad you are fine.
@EddieHands (37823)
i really like Metalica !!!
Metallica rocks the house down.
Not a big fan but I do enjoy some of their music. Thanks for sharing.
That must have been quite exciting to discover that video. They were like different people!
• Richfield, Utah
Nice love this one.
@ilocosboy (34405)
I'm fan of Metallica and i love to sing their song Nothing Else Matter and The Unforgiven, but looks like I missed Seek And Destroy.
Thanks for sharing!
That was awesome!