Smoky Mountains

I'm surprised the anti-smoking groups haven't gotten together and tried to outlaw them yet. But of course, it isn't really smoke you see...it is a fog caused by vegetation growing that produces vapors at normal temperatures and pressures. Really beautiful scenery in that part of the state, driving the highway you can see mountains and valleys full of trees for miles and miles. I probably won't get there to see it, but it must be spectacular when the leaves begin to change. In fact, it's pretty spectacular just the way it is.
I'm sure it's beautiful all year round. I would love to go someday.
Yep, sooner or later the Smokey Mountains must be renamed to pacify some. Those Smokey Mountains are a lovely sight to see. Hope CA is working on changing the name Squaw Valley. CA has so many racist names for places that myLot would allow me to post them here.
It is one place I have always dreamed of going. I have seen the lovely Blue Mountains, but not the Smokeys. Wouldn´t it be glorious in the fall.
Here in Alabama we have mountains like the Smokey, but not as smokey. It is a beautiful site a few months from now.
@kobesbuddy (49326)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@andriaperry My husband grew up in Decatur, Alabama!:)
And that's not counting the Dolly Parton mountains!
There's two of them ( o Y o )
I love those mountains.
They really look "smoky", beautiful landscape. It should be great to be there when the leaves begin to change.
What a cool sight! I saw some intense smoke while in the Colorado mountains last month (or vapor or fog or whatever it is!) And its such a pretty sight! Having a decent trip so far?
I was only there to work Saturday and Sunday, I came back home last night
My parents used to like going for a drive to that area, they said it was just beautiful.
Ok, you have to promise to try to get out there in October when all the leaves begin to change .... or does that happen in September? .... anyway, I'd love to see a shot of the changing of the leaves. Hey, maybe take Scar with ya, he's leash trained so you could probably take him for a walk out there.
It is quite amazing.
@kobesbuddy (49326)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@JolietJake My husband and I went to the Smoky Mountains, for our honeymoon trip. It was so beautiful, I'd never been that far east before. We took some nice pictures, most of them were of the lovely trees and streams.
Agree with you that it is a spectacular view!
@hanuahir (55)
wow Thats beautiful
I love sentries like this one. It's pleasing to the eyes.
@fishtiger58 (30337)
• Momence, Illinois
I was through there in February it was stunning.
Our smoke here is from fires. Then in the winter we will have that stinky inversion we get here. Ugh!