Ruining It For Generations To Come...

photo courtesy pixabay
Happy Labor Day to one and all!! I'm sure if you're read any of my recent posts you'll get an understanding that my mother-in-law and I aren't getting along. Actually she told my husband she hates me!! Anyway, that's a problem between her and I. I've tried to get along!! Anyway, our oldest son is separated from his wife and he gave one of his recent checks to her, because they have a daughter together and he still loves her. So, he didn't have a vehicle and he has been homeless. Even though it's just him, it's hard after working 10-12 hours to walk around apartment hunting. We are renting to own a vehicle that we are letting him use to get things done and for him to save up for an apartment and eventually save up for his own wheels. So, he thought he might have an apartment lined up, but apparently his grandma (my mother-in-law) and his aunt (my sister-in-law) have rented there and "stung" them by not paying!! Since we all have the last name, my son didn't get the apartment because of them!! Even though our son said he didn't associate with them, because the would "have been" landlord named them off and asked if he knew or was related to them. My son didn't want to lie, but now he's realizing that you can't even trust family. It makes me anger because they skipped out on bills that children in generations to come they have ruined it for them by not paying their bills. This is the reason I'm sure that the mother-in-law invited herself down here is because she has burned all the bridges for places to live at , now my son is suffering from those consequences. ~Peace~
Terrible. They really have ruined it for subsequent generations. A good name really is worth a lot
There must be a way to have her evicted. No grandma is so untouchable that she can ruin her grandsonĀ“s life and get away with it.
OH how someday I wish to change my name too.
I'm so sorry to him. I hope he can find a home soon. I know how difficult that can be. =(
• Nairobi, Kenya
Sorry about that. It is common that people get discriminated because of names and is something we never talk about. The grandma is cruel and probably old enough to never change her ways. I wish your son well and hoping he will get his life together soon. :)
It is sure sad that some are so selfish and not think of what is to come. Hope he finds something.
Unfortunately one bad apple can indeed spoil the whole bunch. Too bad that so many will allow their bad experiences from one person ruin the chances for another. Whatever happened to giving someone a chance? I hope that he can secure a place of his own soon.
Hopefully he will find an apartment soon. It's not good that what they did affected him like that.
Wow. Those are reprehensible actions.
@RubyHawk (29546)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I'm so sorry. Your son is trying to do the right thing and something like this happens. I hope he finds sometime soon.
@thelme55 (15059)
I am so sorry for your son. I hope he will find an apartment soon.
Oh no so sorry to hear this..wow the effect these terrible people have on others is really unfair and longstanding. I am so sorry for your son Jodee.