People Who Make Everything a Psychodrama

@tallawah (8543)
Kingston, Jamaica
There are some people who make their lives into a constant maze of hidden meanings. Especially when they are so insignificant . Give you an example. A friend of mine, who lives in New York, puts some money on my cell phone every month so I can call him. There's another friend who puts no money on my phone but expects me to call him. Now, the chap who puts money on my phone, I call him every Sunday. After I speak to him, I might call the other friend, just for a 'hello/goodbye' because this one has nothing much to say that I need to hear. So Chap One didn't send any credit to my phone, promised to do so, but didn't. So I didn't call. Chap Two sends me this psycho-drama email inferring all sorts of reasons why I didn't call. To be honest, I read the email with half an eye because having already gone through his twisted mental constructs I don't need a refresher. So I wrote back, told Chap Two why I didn't call. Chap Two then writes about Hurricane Irma. Does he apologise? Does he give an explanation why my non-call, instead of being equated to lack of funds is made into an enormous psycho-drama..(please don't ask for details because I didn't read it, don't want to...) Now I Give Thanks that my brain is not so screwed up that if I didn't get a call would infer all sorts of psychological reasons why. I'd assume the person forgot or didn't have the cash, or whatever... but certainly wouldn't go instantly off the deep end. I really have to do a serious culling of persons who fall into the 'friend' category.
IsnĀ“t it great to have friends? haha No
@tallawah (8543)
• Kingston, Jamaica
Sure is. I always count my blessings that I don't dive off the deep end like these 'friends'
@tallawah Oh yes it makes us realize how blessed we are..know what you mean friend.
@tallawah (8543)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@TiarasOceanView I assume the most simple explanations. You are late? Caught in traffic. Not that you wanted me to sit here like a fool ...
@PatZAnthony (12616)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Those who want drama everywhere won't stop this behavior it seems. If they are in the area, we can count on their behavior running away with itself!
@tallawah (8543)
• Kingston, Jamaica
Everything you do and say with some of them is analysed. I try to avoid them. Doesn't work all the time.
If they are good friends you will keep them.
@tallawah (8543)
• Kingston, Jamaica
They aren't good. I mean if you were to arrange to meet with them at 10 am and were caught in traffic they would text you at 10:10 making all sorts of accusations as to why you made them go to the meeting place.
@FayeHazel (17912)
Yes, there is one like that in my family. Interesting challenge to deal with.
@tallawah (8543)
• Kingston, Jamaica
I have one in my family and over the years I have reached the stage of indifference. I can expect that any thing will set him off. Even if I am unaware of it, it will set him into a long analysis as to where and why and when.
@FayeHazel (17912)
@tallawah A challenging mindset, but I find your right, just accept that is how they will respond .... nothing you can do to change it
@tallawah (8543)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@FayeHazel And try to avoid them
@RubyHawk (24913)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Nobody pays on my phone bills so I only call those I want to speak to.
@tallawah (8543)
• Kingston, Jamaica
Exactly. Ex2 puts money on my phone, I call Ex2. After, a two minute call here or there, but it's optional.
@RubyHawk (24913)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@tallawah Iuse my cell phone very little because I don't want to be at everyone's beck and call.
@tallawah (8543)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@RubyHawk Do you know I often leave it home alone? It is permanently on silent. It isn't my leash.
@cacay1 (32861)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
How nice of you having that friend sending you some money just to call him, awesome seldom heard.Maybe there was a valid reason why he stopped sending you money or load. Better email only to save some.How are you now?
@tallawah (8543)
• Kingston, Jamaica
no... the person who sends me money is a different person. 'A' sends me money to call him. Sometimes after I speak with 'A' I'll make a short call to 'B' or 'C'. But it's off hand, it isn't a weekly thing. I'm fine and you?
@YrNemo (12567)
Chap #1 sounds like a nice friend to have .