Favorite "Weather" Songs #4 - "Prayers for Rain"

Colorado Springs, Colorado
I was so busy this weekend that I actually forgot what the theme for this particular music countdown is! We're at #4 in my Favorite "Weather" Songs series, which is simply songs that reference some sort of weather in the title: "Prayers for Rain" by The Cure. It's the second time today that I've reused a song, but I can't help myself in this case. I love The Cure. And you might laugh, but as far as I'm concerned, this band has been at it for over 30 years, and has an extremely strong body of work, as well as a very large, dedicated fan base. They are at least deserving of consideration for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (you hear that, HOF? The 80's are kicking at the door!) Hey, Hall and Oates got in! Arguably the band's masterpiece, 1989's Disintegration was a moody, gloomy affair. In fact, I've said it before, but I dare you to listen to that album, in it's entirety, and not come away feeling hopeless. "Prayers for Rain" is one seriously gloomy piece music, one of the reasons The Cure is constantly classified as a goth band (although, Robert Smith has too wicked of a pop side to qualify for true gothdom.) It's also one of the main reasons that Disintegration is so depressing. Enjoy, even if it sounds like "slit your wrists" music to you! (Info verified by Wikipedia)
Live at Nyon, Switzerland, 25.07.2002
I love this beautiful song Scott and always loved the Cure.
It is a beautiful song for something so depressing.
@FourWalls (12882)
Like many people, I had Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me in the 80s and didn't slit my wrists over it (the record didn't come with a razor blade ). Not even over "Torture."
I bought it on cassette when it came out. Bought it again on CD. Yeah, I liked it!
OMG, I love this song!
Sweet!I'm glad you like it! I
I will take a listen when at the computer
I hope you like it. It's not exactly one of their hits.
Pretty good song. I figured they would be in this series.
I use them whenever I can.
The Cure. Enough said.
First ballot 80's Hall of Famer's.