Excuse me. Are you wedding crashing?

My fiancé & I attended a wedding over the weekend. Feeling a little overwhelmed in a room with over 250 people, many guests went outside to take a breather, stroll around the winery, use the restrooms, take photos with the photo booth, and then we were questioned by an employee if we were "wedding crashing". I answered "no". She then goes, then tell me the bride and grooms name. Seriously, it's all over the decor but I told her and she apologized and walked away fast. I was annoyed, maybe if they wanted to make sure we weren't wedding crashing or not, they should have more security then to "assume". I also "assume" we weren't the only ones because there was a couple of guests blurting out is this so/so's wedding? as if they were crashing it. Even so, the wedding was about to end in 45 minutes anyway. What is there to crash left. Have you ever crashed a wedding? (Photo is of the winery)
I've never crashed a wedding. We've often joked about doing it, but would never actually do it . Surely it happens, but wrong assumptions can be very offensive to a guest. You have to wonder why they even picked on you guys - it was rude the way they handled that !!
Especially after seeing wedding crashers in movies or tv shows! Yeah, I was going to say... some remark if she escalated but she didn't and quickly left. But I did say she was rude and I am sure she heard. Then I talked in Vietnamese loudly because my uncles were nearby and asked what had happened.
@infatuatedbby I'm glad she heard - she deserved that! If it were my wedding/big party and I found out the employees were being rude to my guests, I'd be pretty mad.
@much2say She could have asked differently too. Like are you here for the bride or groom. I would be like oh the bride, she's my cousin! Like that. She didn't have to say "are you a wedding crasher?" what kind of rude thing to say!
@moffittjc (32124)
• Gainesville, Florida
I barely made it to my own wedding, let alone crash someone else's! haha just kidding I've never crashed a wedding before, but I have crashed a reception. But I didn't stay, it was a cash bar! haha
What do you mean cash bar! They had a cash machine?
@moffittjc (32124)
• Gainesville, Florida
@infatuatedbby There are two types of bars at wedding receptions...cash bars, which mean you have to pay for your drinks, or open bars, which means all the drinks are free. I only crash weddings that offer open bars! If I'm going to liven up their wedding with my presence, then they better be supplying me with free drinks! haha
@moffittjc Oh yes it was a fun time thank you :)
@zarlamain (23642)
No, never. Wow, that employee was so annoying! If the names are everywhere, people would already know the people getting married.
I only see wedding crashers in movies/tv shows, never in real life. Wouldn't someone notice? But yeah, the decor was on the Photo Booth as well as the signs pointing to the wedding, the guestbook and so forth. It was very obvious anyway, so it was not smart of the employee. If they wanted to make sure there were no "party crashers", they should have better security then.
@zarlamain (23642)
@infatuatedbby Me too! Or in the news. I think it would be harder to notice if the security is bad and there's a lot of guests. They can blend right in. Exactly. They can't really tell if someone is a guest or not if the names are everywhere anyway. They should also have a list of people invited to the wedding along with invitations. When I attend weddings that have security like this, employees are required to match the names on the invitations with the list. They don't want any outsiders going in. I've been to weddings where they required ID cards, too. It just depends on the wedding.
@zarlamain Yes, my name is on the seating chart. I am surprised they didn't have security considering the wedding had 260 guests! I think its because its secluded at a winey, so it's not like a stranger would drive all the way to a winery and go crash a party. Maybe it has happened, but they need to up their security game (which there were none at all!)
@YrNemo (4091)
I was dragged to a wedding when I was a teenager by a cousin. Felt so uncomfortable, but my cousin would not let me get out of it. My only time!
as in a stranger's wedding?
@YrNemo Did your cousin at least know the people getting married?
@YrNemo (4091)
@infatuatedbby She was invited. (does it mean that I was OK there uninvited? )
Oh wow! Sorry you were accused! But I guess they had a reason to ask if people were crashing.. No, I've never crashed a wedding. Only been to my aunts wedding in 05 at that.
I don't think it was very professional of them to ask. We weren't doing anything suspicious. I was standing with my cousins but we were the ones being singled out. For the price the couple paid for the venue, they should have had stricter rules usually over 200 people, they require you to have a security guard. I have never crashed a wedding. I only see it happen on tv shows or movies, too.
@infatuatedbby maybe it wasnt but they have the right to ask.. i dont see you looking suspicious though
@Courtlynn Yes absolutely they could ask but I didn't have to answer. She didn't have a security badge or a police. Just an employee badge. Typically if someone is barging in, looking suspicious or was being reported as a stranger, then they can mention that. But all we were doing was getting some fresh air and watched my cousins play Jenga.
No I would never do that and, as Stephanie would say how rude! lol
Haha that is what I said right after she left. How rude! Then to cool my temperature, I told my fiancé if he'd go take a Photo Booth with me and he agreed. He's not into taking pictures at all, but he did it to make me feel better.
@infatuatedbby Lol and, that's cool at least you did a photo booth together.
@TRBRocks420 Yes, win win situation. Though that was annoying to be assumed!
• Lakewood, Colorado
No I havent and what a rude person she was!
She could have worded it differently, like are a guest? If so, what are the bride and grooms name.
Yes. Not my finest point in life but yes, I have crashed wedding reception.
Did you have a fun time? What'd you go after? Food? Drinks?
@infatuatedbby it was fun because my friend and I literally didn't know anyone in the reception so we had to make a story up. Didn't eat that much but I did have a lot of dessert and more than my fair share of booze... followed by lots of dancing with women I barely knew.
@infatuatedbby not my finest moment but yeah, note-worthy! Something interesting to tell others.
@wongchoiyee (5517)
When will be your turn getting marry?
Some time next year maybe!
@infatuatedbby good for you then.
@wongchoiyee Thank you ~ how are you doing?
@JasperTore (1132)
I haven't tried and will not do it even in the future. I don't want to be put in a situation where you will be asked about this. I don't like being in an awkward situation. I really don't know how to act.
Yes , I would never crash an event if I am not invited. That is very wrong to do so and in an awkward situation definitely.
@infatuatedbby Yes, it is indeed. I rarely get invited to a wedding too. Last time I check, I guess I have never been to more than 10 weddings.
@JasperTore Less invitation = less money to spend on gifts
@minx267 (11017)
• Hartford, Connecticut
Wow, What a nerve! They certainly need to develop a better set of questions... like are you here for the wedding? oh, which one?
Didn't have to use the term are you a wedding crasher? Totally unprofessional, right!
@minx267 (11017)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@infatuatedbby Totally. I think I might have complained to someone!
@minx267 I did to my family around me !
I would have been insulted if I had been asked that. I have never crashed a wedding and I don't know anybody who has or would.
Me neither. I was a tad offended by her assumption and annoyed. She could have re-worded it differently and ask, are you a wedding guest? Or are you looking for the winery entrance. Or something........ and then if I said yes to wedding guest, she can say do you know the groom or bride? Then from there it wouldn't be obvious.
@infatuatedbby yes it could have been handled in a more professional way.
@Happy2BeMe I agree!
@ilocosboy (25414)
He he, or maybe the is the one crashing the wedding party just wear the dress of the employees.
Ha-ha, maybe! No idea what the ladies problem was.
@ilocosboy (25414)
@infatuatedbby they're saving the food he he. Maybe they prepare lesser food.
@ilocosboy lol but this was toward the end nothing left !
@Essjayd (1109)
No I've never done it!! My friends accidentally crashed a wedding though..... There's a St Mary's church and a St Mary's Chapel in our city they turned up at the wrong one!! They realised when the groom and groomsmen turned up but by that point they were already sitting in the church!! Had to sit through the entire wedding ceremony as they were too embarrassed to leave.
Oh no! But at least they didn't have the intentions of crashing a wedding purposely though. Just a honest mistake and that was nice they didn't leave and cause a scene too. But definitely an awkward situation for them too.
@Essjayd (1109)
@infatuatedbby They were mortified!
@KrauseHome (32390)
This would be annoying, and make you wonder. But no I have never Crashed a wedding, Thought it would be cool though if you seen a Limo there to drop in just to see who it might be, but I have been afraid to actually do so.
Haha yeah I wouldn't haven't the nerve to! I can see people who are talkative and can hold up random conversations crash though.
Wow! Thats so rude of the employee! I have never done this nor really have any interest in doing so!
Me neither. Totally rude of the employee. She could have re-worded and asked if I was a guest at the wedding? Instead of assuming I'm a wedding crasher. Who on earth has time to crash a wedding and am all dressed?
No, I've never crashed a wedding. However I think for a wedding with so many guests , everyone should have their invitation to show.
I've heard if a wedding exceeds 200 people, they're supposed to have security around. But, this one didn't.
@HazySue (15255)
No I haven't. Do people really do that?
I suppose some do!!
Not me, I don't think that's a funny thing to do. That's funny that they asked at the end of the event.
Me either. Right? If someone wants to crash a wedding, I'm sure they're their for the food, appetizers or something.. why toward the end of the wedding! And who has the time to get ready to go crash a wedding (not us!)
@spaceseed (2930)
you should have asked her that who has given her authority to ask such question such kind of behavior is unexpected
To think of it, I shouldn't have answered.