To Hate or Not To Hate? That's the Question

Question Mark
@dodoazo (21612)
Five years ago, I remember that I had written if it is necessary to hate a person. There are times that we could understand ourselves and without any provocation we burst and hate anyone. Are we in trouble? What's wrong with us? To maintain peace among us we should love one another rather than harboring hate and grudges. What's your point on this? http://www.mylot.com/post/2730578/is-it-necessary-to-hate-a-person
Could you love someone who killed one of your family members? Or raped your daughter? It's too easy to say "we have to love the others", I am sorry, but I cannot love criminals, I hate them and I want to see them in jail.
@dodoazo (21612)
In the Lord's way, it is. It's hard but it's possible. The Lord said we should hate the sin, but love the sinner.
@dodoazo I know what the lord says I asked you.
@dodoazo (21612)
@LadyDuck it simply implies that we should be forgiving as what Jesus has exemplified.
• Baguio, Philippines
A normal person has an emotional feeling, Maintain composure and self-control...And so I say "Love one another".
@dodoazo (21612)
That's it as what a line from the Church hymn, "as I have loved you, love one another".
• Baguio, Philippines
@dodoazo I've heard that. ...:)
@dodoazo (21612)
@moneychaser I am happy about that.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Hate is really strong and it only hurts us who hate. I believe we should pray about those feelings so that we can learn to love again without any obstacles.
• Nairobi, Kenya
I just came across a site that talks about hating and so it made me think twice. I still do not support hate. You may also check this out
Here’s a little lesson from a class I call Moral Reasoning 101: Hatred—Why it is good and who you should
@dodoazo (21612)
Love and prayer greatly work for a mighty change of heart.
@ilocosboy (39025)
Of course love one another because this is who we are, care each other.
@dodoazo (21612)
That's the Lord's commandments.
@holdoors (1664)
I think it is important to learn and let go. These pent up negative feelings will affect us in the long run.
@dodoazo (21612)
It's difficult to accept the sinner or the culprit or the criminal but they're human. What they've done they pay for it but as a human they should be treated as such.
I try to go with what Jesus said about loving our enemies. There's no room for hate when love takes over.
@dodoazo (21612)
Absolutely love conquers all.
@dodoazo (21612)
@just4him that's an uplifting gesture. Thanks!
@m_audrey6788 (17203)
For me, I`m a person who don`t want to judge or control other peoples point of view. I respect and try my very best to understand them because each one of us has its own way of seeing or viewing things. Hating them will lead to nothing but learning to just let them what they are is simply giving them happiness and freedom to choose whoever they want to be with. It`s not sickness but it`s merely because of being "DIFFERENT"
@dodoazo (21612)
Perfect! That's the Lord's way. It seems difficult but it's possible.
@dodoazo ..Yes.Thanks .
@dodoazo (21612)
@m_audrey6788 Don't mention it.
whatever the reason, I will keep trying not to hate. In addition to what the Bible teaches (because I am a Christian) does not hate its innate lust rather than hate. this is my experience. when I can forgive, my feelings are very relieved. different if I keep my hatred, body, feelings and thoughts feel very tired. And I can easily get sick if I hold back my hatred. I am often angry, but it is very rare to continue to be hateful. because anger is very different from hate
@dodoazo (21612)
You're a forgiving person. You're a good Christian.
@dodoazo Thanks, I just want my life to be comfortable. because living with hatred certainly will not make me comfortable.
@dodoazo (21612)
@fickypangkey a forgiving person could sleep well and wake feeling happy and have peace of mind.
@ShifaLk (8533)
Yes that's right. . I sometimes don't love or like the person but i don't even hate them.. why to !!!!
@dodoazo (21612)
Sounds conflicting right? At least you know how you stand.
@ShifaLk (8533)
@dodoazo yeah exactly.. :)
@dodoazo (21612)
Hate only makes you suffer and alone. I've been suffering it for a very long time. You can hate but not for long, it keeps you from moving on.
@dodoazo (21612)
Hate is like a stone that hits two birds, the hater and the doer. It does create trouble for the two. There's no peace of mind between them.
@JESSY3236 (7572)
I agree. Forgiveness is about yourself because harboring anger can tear you apart.
@dodoazo (21612)
Absolutely, your conscience will keep bothering you.
@hereandthere (33031)
let's just try to be fair and considerate