HANGING OUT

Image by pixabay
I had planned to post this discussion last weekend but I got distracted. Anyway, even though the new week has just begun, before you know it another weekend will be here - so here is my question. During your teenage years where did you hang out on a Saturday night? Did you go anywhere special - or just stay at home? Before the internet, there wasn't much for me to do at home on a Saturday night except watch television or play board games. - so most Saturday nights for me it was either the drive-in- cinema or the Water Polo spot where a lot of teenagers hung out. what about you ?
Teenage years usually I went riding in my car or someone elses car and go to various friends house and get together like that. We sometimes would stop at a fast food or something or go to the park and hang out there. This is off topic but are you in the line of fire for the Irma hurricane my friend? Worried about it..
I have business interests and family members on one of the lesser Antilles islands which should be getting the first strike of Irma. Fortunately their island is a bit lower down so it shouldn't get the full force of it. So far, my island in the Greater Antilles is not in the line of fire - but you never know - in these situations things change quite rapidly. Thanks for your concern.
@TiarasOceanView You can see it on a world map. i am particularly concerned about my present home which is the family home. i moved here from the city in 2015 and the roof is not what we call a slab roof like my former residence in the city. of course this home has weathered many storms over the years, but I think this present crop of hurricanes are getting stronger. I hope it doesn't take our roof, I'll probably have a heart attack while that is happening.
@Kandae11 When I type in Great Antilles ..it just shows me all the many islands Kandase. Omgosh yes these hurricanes are getting much more deadly.
I usually went to a cinema with some of my best friends. I had to be back home by 11 PM, or I would have not been allowed to go out for the next 2 Saturdays.
Next two Saturdays? couldn't it be one for the first rule violation - then two if it happened again? Sounds reasonable though.
@Kandae11 No, it was the rule and both my parents were very strict and they also checked with whom I was going outside.
@lnillerman I always did.
@fishtiger58 (30337)
• Momence, Illinois
I lived in a neighborhood that was up against a drive in theater. We spent many many Saturday nights there. Loads of fun with lots of friends.
Great memories.
@fishtiger58 (30337)
• Momence, Illinois
@Kandae11 Yes indeed.
@fishtiger58 (30337)
• Momence, Illinois
@lnillerman Oh yea that too I forgot.
@Freelanzer (9409)
Just hung around with friends and lots of outdoor activities
More time was spent outdoors before the internet age.
@acelawrites (11847)
We hang out with friends, eat, then sing favorite songs in a park(school grounds) near our dorms.
That's nice.
@cacay1 (33002)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@acelawrites, so nice to recall the past.We feel young again,lol.
@acelawrites (11847)
@cacay1 yes, and it makes us happy to reminisce the past.
When I was younger my parents were very protective so I had to stay home on the weekends. My sister and I would either watch movies or play board games.
I started going out at age eighteen.
@Kandae11 Me too, once I moved out of the house.
I was not allowed to have friends so i spent my childhood and adult years reading in my room My sister was never home as she was five years older than me and was allowed to have friends!
Me and my friends from high school never hung out in the evening or at night. However after school and on weekends during the afternoon we had a favorite pizza place where we hung out and listened to the juke box.
That must have been lovely.
@Kandae11 it was we were all friends with the pizza place owners and their friends.
There was a local burger joint where we hung out when I was in high school. Mostly though we congregated at a friends house and listened to music and talked about boys
Sounds great.
@shshiju (10577)
• Cochin, India
Go the play ground and like to play football with friends.
That would be fun as well as good exercise.
@shshiju (10577)
• Cochin, India
@Kandae11 Yes lot of fun .
@shshiju (10577)
• Cochin, India
@lnillerman Enjoy. Ironically I have no interest in both items
@RubyHawk (27104)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Not much going on when I was growing up but movie theaters and drive ins.We still had fun. Parents would give parties occasionally. During summers We went swimming in lakes and rivers.
We lived very far from the beach or lakes during my teenage years.
@RubyHawk (27104)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Kandae11 We had rivers, creeks and small lakes, not large lakes.
@1hopefulman (30271)
Yes, who wanted to stay home? We might go to a movie, or to a dance or hang around at the pool hall, or go bowling or hang out at a Pizza place where we knew the person who ran the place and he always made us a bigger pizza for the price. Thanks for helping me remember the fun times of being a teenager!
Fun times indeed - no worries about running a household and providing for the home.
@1hopefulman (30271)
@Kandae11 I had a part-time job and my parents never asked me for any money and so I could do what I liked with it. I did use it wisely most of the time until I started gambling and got myself into a lot of problems.
@1hopefulman Oops! I suppose you did learn a lesson soon enough and gave it up.
@JustBhem (39484)
• Davao, Philippines
I spent my teenage years with my friends, hanging out at their places or over night on some beaches.
That would have been fun.
@JustBhem (39484)
• Davao, Philippines
@Kandae11 It was, and talking about our dreams under the stars and talk endlessly about how we can be a good person in our own way.
@JustBhem I hope at least soime of those dreams have been realized.
@bunnybon7 (36914)
• Holiday, Florida
i hung out with friends also. mostly we walked around or danced in their basements or watched tv
Nice memories.
@quantum2020 (9553)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
I used to go with my brothers to play pool or the movies. Sometimes we could also go to visit my cousins and play cards
Nice memories I am sure.
@velvet53 (16997)
• Palisade, Colorado
I used to go down town with my friends and scooped the loop. Sometimes we would go roller skating. Both was a lot of fun for me.
Roller skating would be fun - what is 'scooped the loop'?
@velvet53 (16997)
• Palisade, Colorado
@Kandae11 We would drive down one street for 10 blocks, turn left and go one block, turn left again and go 10 blocks and then turn left again. We would keep doing that and talk to the people in the vehicle next to us. We were mostly all teenagers and that was a good way to meet people. I even ran into a guy about four years ago that was doing the same thing and come to find out we had met each other. That was about 48 years ago.
@velvet53 Okay. Those were real fun times.
I went to the movies a lot and my friends and I had sleepovers
I never had the opportunity for a sleepover, probably because my only real female friends at that time were my two sisters. We are close in age.
@Kandae11 they were a lot of fun.
Saturdays and Sundays are really hang-out time with my group of friends. We would go biking in the nearby places and have a picnic and eating of young coconuts in one of our friend's farm. On those days when we don't go home because we still have classes on Saturdays, we would go discoing. It was so much fun always during weekends in our teenage years.
Those years hold precious memories for many of us.
@Kandae11 true.
@mandala100 (46365)
@Kandae11 I'm always a homebody my friend and I laways spend my time listening to music and lots of reading.
That's cool too.
@mandala100 (46365)
@Kandae11 Ok my friend.
@LeaPea2417 (21160)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I remember when I was young a hot dog/hamburger restaurant we would sometimes go to where they would serve you as you sat in your car.
That was very nice.
@LeaPea2417 (21160)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@Kandae11 It was always fun when we would go there to eat.
@studylove (2135)
I like the sweets and cold drinks in the picture. Did you enjoy these most of the time regularly?
Not regularly. Only when I went to the drive-in.
@studylove (2135)
@Kandae11 That is good. Do you like to drink banana or mango shake??