One of Us

Mesa, Arizona
Strangers walk around us So what makes them so different? The color of their skin? Is it their eyes or their hair? What if you saw a stranger smiling at you? Would you smile back? Would you pretend that you didn't see him? What if he asked how you were? Would you answer, or would you just ignore him? What if he wanted to shake your hand? Would you? What if you knew that stranger from a dream you had? Would you pretend you didn't, and keep walking? What if he asked you what you believed? Would you scoff and tell him to go away? What if that stranger was an angel? Would you see his wings? Would you say: "He is a stranger to me, just as I am to him. So really? What makes him so different?" The truth is, he's really one of us.
@mandala100 (52437)
@TraciDavis Some people are always afraid of strangers my friend.
• Mesa, Arizona
It was more supposed to be along the lines of, why are we always judging others on what we see. We don't know who to be afraid of anymore and these days some of the nicest people in the world get passed by and get treated badly because of how they look.
@mandala100 (52437)
@TraciDavis That's a good point and observation my friend.
• Mesa, Arizona
@mandala100 Thank you. I see it constantly, and I find myself doing it more often then I would like to admit, so I'm always trying to remind myself that if I want people to treat me with respect and not judge me before getting to know me, then I need to do the same.