~School Work And The Day~

Pixabay image
Jacksonville, Florida
Hey everyone. So far today has been productive. The kids have done some reading comprehension work. They read about bears and a fairy tale. My oldest daughter learned a few new words in her workbook. She had to write the words 10 times, memorize the definition and use it in 3 sentences correctly. One of the words was obstreperous, which means loudly or stubbornly defiant. Good thing it shows the definition because I have never used that word before! Lol. I got most of the chores done, dishes need to be done still though. (Yes I always leave those to do last because I hate that chore! Lol). I'm super tired, hoping to get a nap when the babies do. We shall see... Hope your day is going well. =)
@bunnybon7 (37162)
• Holiday, Florida
hope you get your nap. then you can make some preparation for the storm we might get
@bunnybon7 Thank you. I'm not worried about it yet. It could go in a different direction.
@bunnybon7 (37162)
• Holiday, Florida
@LovingMyBabies yes my daughter keeps saying people are over reacting , meaning me poor girl. her birthday is tomorrow too
@velvet53 (17310)
• Palisade, Colorado
I sure hope it goes out into the ocean.
Hope you got your nap.
@celticeagle I didn't but I went to bed at an earlier time.
@LovingMyBabies ......Oh, that's good. I went back to bed after waking my daughter at 5a. so she could get my grandson up. Way too early!
The day went by very fast for me. I've never heard of that word before. I learned something new.
@Susan2015 It did for us too, it was weird. Glad I could help you to learn something new! =)
I'm glad the kids are doing well with their first day of school.
@just4him Thank you. =)
• Peoria, Arizona
oh wow, that is an SAT word, that is an very advanced word, that is awesome! Hopefully you get a nap in!
@Desirousdreamer Yeah, all of the words were tough like this one and she's in 6th grade! =) Thanks, I hope to.
@Tina30219 (35138)
• Onaway, Michigan
Glad your daughter learned 3 new words was she able to use thhem correctly in a sentence? I don't mind dishes only time I hate them is when there is alot of them.
@Tina30219 Yes she did use them correctly, I was so proud! There's always a lot of dishes here since there are 7 people! Lol.
@Tina30219 (35138)
• Onaway, Michigan
@LovingMyBabies Glad to hear she used them correctly. I was wondering are your kids on different grade wise studies? Or they all learning same stuff together? Yeah I would have to agree with 7 people there would be alot of dishes
@Tina30219 They are on different levels with some things but some things we do all together. =)
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Have you guys moved into somewhere semi permanent yet?
@thislittlepennyearns No I wish, not yet. =(
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@LovingMyBabies we are starting to make Christmas shopping lists and we wanted to include your family on the list this year :)
@thislittlepennyearns Oh my goodness, that's so sweet! Thank you!
It sounds like your children are very bright. I never heard the word before but have seen it in books, but never took the time to look it up! Now I will know what it means in the books when I see it! I hope I see it again so i can say to myself i know what that word means!
@Marty1 Glad I could help you learn the definition! =) Thank you, they are smart.
@LovingMyBabies what other words is she learning that I have no idea what they mean? i hate how many words i have to look up as i don't know them. It takes me a whole dictionary for me to look up words when I am reading =)
@HazySue (22490)
I hope you get your nap. I think you children are getting a better education than some of the kids going to some of the schools here.
@Hazysue I didnt get a nap but I went to bed at an earlier time. Thank you, I push when they need it and I let them self learn when they want to. It helps them to learn! =)
@HazySue (22490)
@LovingMyBabies They do learn better when they can discover things themselves.
@velvet53 (17310)
• Palisade, Colorado
That is quite a word to learn. I am going to mention it to my grandchildren. I remember when I came across the word sordid. I had fun with it. You are always so busy and your children always comes first. I wish there were more mothers like you in this world. Dishes, Ick!
@velvet53 Yeah, it's definitely a tough word! Aw, thank you so much. =) I feel proud of the fact that the one thing I'm pretty good at is being a good mom.
@velvet53 (17310)
• Palisade, Colorado
@LovingMyBabies You are more than good. You are superb!
Never heard of that word.. lol. Hope you got that nap
@Courtlynn Me either before seeing her work! Lol. We all learned something new.
@LovingMyBabies lol. Yes you did and even us here
@prashu228 (25614)
This show's home schooling is going good.. hope you had a good rest
@prashu228 Yeah it is going well. =)
Your kids do more work than the ones in the public school do.
@jstory07 And that's part of why we do Home School. =)
Wow I just learned a new word and, they aren't even in high school huh lol
@TRBRocks420 She's in 6th grade, not high school yet. Lol. I am proud of what my kids are learning. =)
@dodo19 (33316)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It does sound like you guys had quite the productive day. Your daughter learned quite the word. I've never heard of that word.
@dodo19 Thank you, yes she did! It was definitely a tough one.
@Platespinner (17025)
There is an obstreperous child in my family. Things are very quiet when he's not around.
@Platespinner That was a good one. I have one of those too. Lol
Sounds like the kids had a good school day and learned lot of new things. I always put off doing the dishes too. It is the worse chore.
@Happy2beme Yeah they did! Lol, it is the worst chore but now they are done-thank goodness.
I hope you get a nap when the babies have their nap. I think I have been obstreperous on a few occasions.
@Corbin5 Thanks, Julian is boycotting a nap today. Lol. Oh well, early bed time it is! I think most of us have a time or two.
It is a nice feeling when your day has been a productive one. Now, a short nap should re- energize you.
@Kandae11 Yes it is a good feeling. I'm hoping I can nap but now it's getting late so not sure if I should try.
I have never used that word in English before either.