Another scary painting

Grim reaper, work in progress!
Oil paint on canvas. This is a work in progress.. I didn't get the chance to finish this one, but it's fairly recent and coming out pretty neat! The story goes that I had been sitting the living room contemplating life, but the trouble is, my brain tends to shift to the contrast of things. so in an instant, I went from thinking about the meaning of life to thinking about what death might be like to... Not in a depressing way, and no, I swear I don't need help . I was simply thinking about my concepts of religion and what I personally believe happens... (which I won't get into because I don't want any religious debates or pressures with anyone at this time.) I began to sort of drift off into a state of mind where I began to think about historic European perspectives and began to thrive in my fascination of their belief in The Grim Reaper. I find it intriguing how such a character had come to mind during these rough times of the black plague and even earlier. I simply felt the urge to paint it with my own take/style. I'm happy with the results so far, what are your thoughts on this? I realize some of you may find this to be a bit grotesque, but keep in mind, I have no intentions of appealing to everyone
@mandala100 (25004)
@Mr_Anomaly I find the painting funny not scary my friend.
Looks like he's posing for his highschool photo
@mandala100 (25004)
@Mr_Anomaly Yes my friend or just wearing a costume.
@JasperTore (1175)
This painting is really cool. I love how you made it in the oil canvas. I will want to do something like this too.
Yes! definitely give it a try sometime! Oil paint is a lot of fun.
@Mr_Anomaly I used to make some posters using pastel. But my work is always a mess.
@JasperTore I wouldn't look at that as a bad thing, some people just have a messier style
@Xiasses (342)
KEEP UP!
Thank you! I plan on it
@Xiasses (342)
Great work of art here. Reminds me of the Bozanians, the enemies in the Voltes V animated series.
Thank you! Not sure I've ever seen the series, will have to check it out!
@Kahl39 (1062)
• Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
On my! That is another piece of not only amazing but also real excellent art. I am fan of yours now.
Always glad to welcome new fans of my work! Thank you! I am very glad that you enjoy the painting! -Mr. Anomaly
@Saraneo (38)
Cool, a man with horns.