I think it's best to stay out of it.

I am learning more and more as the months go by. Today I heard someone once again tell me that she wants to lose weight. I also see them buying tons of ice cream and candy treats. I don't say anything because I love her. But I know she looks a hot mess and being that she is family. I don't open my mouth. What hurts me is that I have offered all the help I could. if you can't give up the ice cream and sweets. I can't talk about it anymore. So today I had to end a call when the subject of her losing weight came up. I feel deep in my soul if that were true. The ice cream would be melted down the sink. My sister has a fog over her eyes when it comes to the situation. I don't and I won't be party to it anymore. When your almost too big to walk through a door way. I don't need to speak anymore.
@hereandthere (28853)
there is someone here like that. it's frustrating.
oh I see you view too well.
@sharon6345 because this family member doesn't control their appetite, then they complain about aches and pains everywhere because of their weight.
@hereandthere And with the pain we now exists it's hard to sit down and hear that.
@mandala100 (35752)
@sharon6345 I'm glad that you are working on your weight my friend.
I am glad you are here to support me. I lost 4 inches off my belly. I am over the moon.
@mandala100 (35752)
@sharon6345 That's cool to hear my friend.
@peachpurple (12370)
If she doesn't listen to your advice, either you give her a last warning about her treats or just stay out of it.
If someone wants to lose weight they will do what they need to. Not buy ice cream and candy.
That is my understanding.
@prashu228 (25821)
I am feeling like loosing my inches too after reading your posts , an inspiration....i will start working , I have dumbells, i should start workout
@dodo19 (31933)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
If someone wants to lose weight, they should make an effort not to buy so much ice cream and candies and such. If they're buying it, maybe their motivation isn't in the right place. I'm not trying to pass judgement or anything, but I do think that limiting some foods is good, especially if you want to lose weight.
Sad to know about your sister.
Yes but she will be ok.
@m_audrey6788 (13820)
Gosh! Guilty here but somehow, I manage to control my sweet things intake..I just make sure that I don`t over eat and have some walking daily to burn some of it