Near the war zone!

@renicemae (3739)
My husband and I are in a short trip to Iligan City near Marawi City where the war against the Maute group is still ongoing. Of course, I'm nervous at first but when we were already there the place looks peaceful. There are military officers around and checkpoints. So Im now confident that the place is safe and that we're safe. ?? Tomorrow we'll be visiting the Tinago falls and hopefully the Maria Christina falls - one of the hydroelectric sources in the City. ??
@deazil (4618)
I hope you're safe. I wouldn't want to be too near the Mautes. Stay safe.
@renicemae (3739)
Yeah I will be vigilant. Thanks for the concern.
@deazil (4618)
@renicemae I pray for all Filipinos every day. :) I have friends there. In the Phils but not in Marawi .
@renicemae (3739)
@deazil Thank you for praying for all of us. Im happy that you have friends in my country. Have you met them already?
@dodoazo (22033)
If I were in your place I won't venture to go near that Marawi City. Who knows the rebels would exchange gunfire with the military. It's better to be safe.
Me too! I`m sure it`s not going to be a relaxing and enjoyable vacation with a situation like that
@renicemae (3739)
The war is already confined in a small area in Marawi so I guess gunfires will not pass through in this city. But still, my fingers are crossed.
If I didn't have to, I wouldn't make the trip - but be on the alert and all should be well.
@renicemae (3739)
Me too. But we have to go for some reason that my husband needs to do to make progress in his project.
@sishy7 (27592)
Is it a personal or business trip? Be safe!
@renicemae (3739)
It's a personal trip. My husband needs to see someone in the school where he is enrolled in to check on his project and I was there to support him
@kepweng (19228)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
its scared me my friend even thier are military what if the terrorist attacks the city cause you said its very near just a border?
@renicemae (3739)
It's only 39 km. From the warzone ..nearly an hour ride by car. . But it would be impossible for the terrorist to go out to the city coz they are hunted by military men. If they wanted to escape from the warzone, they would rather go to the mountains to get rid off the military men hunting them. Their faces are posted everywhere.
@prashu228 (25520)
Hope you are having a great time. Be safe
@renicemae (3739)
Fortunately yes. Unlike our first travel together in Bacolod.
@AkoPinay (10114)
I would be nervous
@renicemae (3739)
I am at first but when we're already in the City, I'm already at ease.
Well thats good to hear.
@renicemae (3739)
Thanks.