Dirty river turned to Aquarium

@renicemae (3371)
I was amazed by this environmental friendly gesture of the barangay officials to clean the river and turn it to an aquarium! Now it's a home to many fish like Carpas and etc.. They all look healthy and big. People visit their place because of it.
@louievill (18676)
It would generate income from visitors and for vendors. What place is this in the Philippines?
@renicemae (3371)
Still in Iligan City It's located in the heart of the City just in front Gaisano Malls.
@louievill (18676)
@renicemae see what productive things we can do if we just work together and forget all the fighting, idealism and fanaticism.
@renicemae (3371)
@louievill Yeah right. Impossible things will be made possible if we only work together.
It looks like a lovely aquarium for all to enjoy!!!
@renicemae (3371)
Yeah. I think people are allowed to feed the fish. I saw a man and a kid feeding them while I was there.
@kepweng (15054)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
its just amazing if you turned the dirty river in a big aquarium but how they do it?
@renicemae (3371)
They cleaned it first by working together. They also placed nets with small holes in both sides of the river where water goes in and out to block the garbage or leaves of trees wont get in. And maybe the local government made an ordinance not to throw garbage in the river since they are developing it into an aquarium like river
@velvet53 (16623)
• Palisade, Colorado
That is so neat. The world needs more of this type of things.
@renicemae (3371)
Yeah. If only people will start to discipline themselves and throw garbage only to trashbins. We would have a better, clean and fresh place.
@velvet53 (16623)
• Palisade, Colorado
@renicemae Yes that would help a bunch.
@Phelly02 (467)
@renicemae I would love to go there someday with the whole family.
@renicemae (3371)
I like that but there's nothing much to see really. But maybe when we get there and visit the famous falls of the place then that would be fun.
@sishy7 (27646)
Looks like a nice fish pond - much better than a dirty river...
@renicemae (3371)
Indeed. People do get better ideas when working hand in hand.