Did You Know TV Star Donnie Walhberg Is A Big Tipper

By DB
@dgobucks226 (12130)
It's true! The actor who plays the detective on the popular TV show "Blue Bloods" left a $2,000 tip at a Waffle house recently. Walhberg stated that his Mom waited tables and his Dad tended bars so when employees in the service industry treat him like royalty he returns the favor. He had stopped in the Waffle House in Charlotte, North Carolina after a long day of filming on the set of the police TV show. His breakfast bill was for $82.60. Walhberg seems to really like Waffle House Restuarants, since this actually wasn't the first time he's given Waffle House employees the royal treatment. After stopping for a meal at the Waffle House in Edgewater, Maryland in June, he left the staff a $500 tip. Myself, I always try to tip the appropriate amount when I dine out, because most in the service industry strive to provide good service, and they rely so much on tips for their income. I know these actors make a lot of money, but I'm sure these employees really apprectiated the generosity just the same. In closing, I thought it was nice to see a postive story in the news for a change. So many of these celebrities probably wouldn't take the time Walhberg did to pose for selfies. In addition, he provided tickets to the Charlotte staff to an upcoming New Kids On The Block reunion concert! That is one down to earth gesture from an actor who plays such an arrogant detective on "Blue Bloods." Source- MSN Lifestyle/Today from Julia Curley Photo- Buzz 60-walhberg.jpeg photos
Whenever I hear about the Wahlbergs, I can't help but think of their singer/rapper days. They've come so far and how wonderful to hear that Donny has become such a generous celebrity, thinking of his roots. Though I'm no big tipper, I will tip the appropriate amount too - maybe a little more if the service was that exceptional.
@dgobucks226 (12130)
Extremely well said and my sentiments exactly
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
I think it is fantastic he did this. He is showing that he can relate to the working class and the hard work they do. I like it when people think of others and share a bit of their money.
@dgobucks226 (12130)
It is very nice to know. Also, nice to see something so positive reported in the news
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
@dgobucks226 I couldn't agree with you more.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
It is so nice when a famous person doesn't let ego overtake them, DB. I have been fond of him since New Kids On The Block days, good he is a really great guy.
@dgobucks226 (12130)
Oh I totally agree! Great positive story "C"!
It's nice to hear that Donny is a big tipper and a generally nice person. Love him on Blue Bloods
@dgobucks226 (12130)
Agreed on both counts!
So kind of him to leave those generous tips!! So good to hear he has done other things to delight the staff. I always took a job as a waitress during summer breaks in college, and that has made me give a bigger tip to those who serve me.
@dgobucks226 (12130)
It is great that he appreciates his success as a celebrity and doesn't let it go to his head. To recognize others like that was very gratifying to read about.
@SonjaRae (4895)
I find it so endearing when famous people are able to enjoy normal daily living and are able to interact with others!!!
@dgobucks226 (12130)
I agree! Obviously, he knew where he came from and does not suffer from a swelled celebrity head.
@SonjaRae (4895)
@dgobucks226 True enough. And then there are others that the fans are so over-the-top that these famous actors singers etc. are not able to go out without being harassed.
@dgobucks226 (12130)
@SonjaRae Yes, the price of fame.
Oh that is so nice! I like him on the show, glad to know he is a good person. =)
@dgobucks226 (12130)
Oh it was so nice to see Jennifer! I enjoyed finding something positive in the news to talk about.
@dgobucks226 Yes, thank you for sharing this!
@dgobucks226 (12130)
@LovingMyBabies No problem! Glad you enjoyed the post.
Wahlberg seems a nice down to earth guy.
@dgobucks226 (12130)
Even on the TV show role he plays he strikes me that way.
That's nice of him. I probably would do the same if I was rich. I tip well anyway.
@dgobucks226 (12130)
I would share also. How many millions do you need in a lifetime?
@FayeHazel (18007)
Wow. I wonder how many were eating for $82 breakfast. Anyway how kind of him to leave such a generous amount
@dgobucks226 (12130)
I thought the same thing! That's an expensive breakfast He must of taken out the whole TV crew
@kepweng (14654)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
2,000 is big money i can have a meal for that in 1 year bymyself Walhberg ? hes a siblings of mark?
@dgobucks226 (12130)
Yes, Mark is his famous movie star brother. That is some tip! What I could do with 2,000 dollars Miss K!!
An a great arrogant detective He is very generous person he know where his life is. He is right about t his.I applaud him.
@dgobucks226 (12130)
He is very good on that TV show! Glad he has a big heart
I don't know this actor as I don't live in your country. But I must say that this was a very nice gesture.