Bonnie Tyler

Daytona Beach, Florida
She is one of my all time favorite singer. Bonnie Tyler is a Welsh singer, songwriter, businesswoman and active philanthropist. She started out her career as a local singer in Swansea and got famous when her album The World Starts Tonight was released in 1977 with the singles “Lost in France” and ‘More Than a Lover”. She made it on the charts with her popular single “It’s a Heartache” in 1978 reaching number one in several European countries. Bonnie Tyler won the 10th World Popular Song Festival with her 1979 single “Sitting on the Edge of the Ocean”. Her career really took off in the 80s with international hits such as “Total Eclipse of the Heart”. “Holding Out for a Hero”, “If you were a Woman and I was a Man”, “Here She Comes”, and ‘Loving You’s a Dirty job but Somebody’s Gotta Do It”. At this time Bonnie Tyler also made the move from rock to pop and soft rock and this brought her great success in continental Europe with the songs “Bitterblue” and “Fools Lullaby”. Her latest album Rocks and Honey included the single “Believe in Me” which was used as the U.K.’s entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 2013. After the contest Tyler got two Eurovision Song Contest Radio Awards for Best Song and Best Singer. Her most recent singles “This is Gonna Hurt” and “Love is the Knife” were just released in August and September of 2013. She just returned from her South Africa Tour 2013. Bonnie Tyler has won three Golden Europa awards and an Echo Award. She has been recognized as the “International First Lady of Rock”. She is and has been an amazing talent with a voice that just makes you rock and feel along with every song she sings. Among my very favorites was Bonnie Tyler’s Silhouette in Red which was her tenth album released in Scandinavia, Europe and South Africa in 1993 and in Japan and Brazil in 1994. Practically every song on this album makes me remember some point in my life. I have included a video of one of the songs from this album “Send Me the Pillow”. Any Bonnie Tyler fans out there? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonnie_Tyler
Website: http://www.60s70s80smusic.com BONNIE TYLER SEND ME THE PILLOW
“Holding Out for a Hero” is my favorite!! Such a talent she is.
Yes, I also love that song @Corbin5 the very first song I ever heard from her was "It's a Heartache".
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Corbin5 , she is famous in the world.
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@RasmaSandra ,Oh my, wanna cry then if hear that song,but I haven't heard that song,
@jaiho2009 (39001)
Total Eclipse of the Heart is one of her hit songs that I have known in the 80's. I am not her fan, but I agree she is one of the best singers in her time. My all time favorites are Barry Manilow and Andrea Bocelli
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@jaiho2009 , Barry Manilow and Andrea Bocelli, they are best singers. I like the song of Barry" Somewhere Down The Road" very famous song in our country.
@jaiho2009 (39001)
@cacay1 Barry Manilow is my favorite singer since I was 10 years old , I just love his songs Then, I fall in love with Andrea Bocelli after my husband introduced his music to me
@velvet53 (17323)
• Palisade, Colorado
She was great! I like so many of her songs, especially Total Eclipse of the Heart.
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
She is also the favortite singer of my elder sister and her friends.