Human beings are evolved from??

By Noor
@NoorNoor (1189)
I was taught in my school human beings are evolved from monkeys or Apps.later I realised there is no authentic fact about this topic.So we learned from theories only.Even now science did not confirm that we came from Adam and Eve peace be upon them.but anyhow I believe we came from Adam and Eve pbut).so what do you think about this? Do you still believe in those theories?
@topffer (34533)
• France
Yup, humans are not evolved from monkeys, humans are themselves monkeys, sharing 98.5% of their DNA with chimpanzees...
It’s been known for a while that we share a lot of DNA with pretty much all living things. Human beings and mice, for example, share 97.5% of their DNA.
@topffer (34533)
• France
@MALUSE It is 76% for mice, chimpanzee is our nearest cousin.
@topffer I've found the higher percentage but it doesn't matter. Isn't the Bobobo even nearer? As long as no one starts discussing Adam and Eve, I'm content. :-)
Human beings haven't evolved from monkeys or apes. Apes and human beings have a common ancestor. That is something completely different. If it makes you happy, you can believe in Adam and Eve, of course.
@NoorNoor (1189)
Yes.I believe in Adam and Eve( pbut).but I wondered,religious views were not true before years.now some scientists say it may possible.Research is going on this topic.
@NoorNoor What does 'pbut' mean?
@NoorNoor (1189)
@MALUSE peace be upon them
Theories aren't facts. The Bible is, especially when it gives the lineage from Adam and Eve.
@NoorNoor (1189)
You are right.I too believe and hope it will discover soon scientifically
@NoorNoor Science will never agree with the Bible.
@NoorNoor (1189)
@just4him yeah The bible had many contradictions with scientific verses.so may be they don't want to agree with this book.
Humans are not evolved from monkeys or chimpanzees. We share a common ancestor with them. As for the Adam and Eve fairy tale--give me a break.
Wait until the religious zealots discover this post! :-)
@NoorNoor (1189)
Oh may be.it's a logical thing to believe in Adam and eve pbut. Isn't it?
@owlwings (39362)
• Cambridge, England
There is ample fossil (and biological) evidence that humans and the modern apes (chimpanzees, bonobos, gorillas and orang utans) have all evolved (over very many generations) from a common ancestor. There is also increasing evidence that there has been more than one race (sub-species) of humans and that our own - including every human in the world today - is the single race that has survived, though it is likely that there was some interbreeding with some of the other races, now extinct. All of the above is scientific fact and has been proved in several different ways, most recently by our increasing understanding of DNA. The 'theory' part concerns exactly how evolution happens and we are a great deal closer to knowing the exact mechanism of that than Darwin was. If you want to believe that all humans today are the thousand-times-great grandchildren of an 'Adam' and an 'Eve' you are welcome to do so, though the truth may be rather more complicated than that!
@NoorNoor (1189)
Thanks.I will go with Adam and eve (pbut).because Quran strongly tells that.so it's easy to believe.Hope it will discover soon.so do you believe in that too?
@owlwings (39362)
• Cambridge, England
@NoorNoor The word 'Adam' simply means 'man' and 'Eve' is just 'woman'. They are not really personal names at all. The accounts of the Creation (in the book of Genesis and also, I believe, in the Quran) are not factual and were never meant to be taken literally. They are metaphors or myths - highly simplified stories, such as you might tell to a child.
@NoorNoor (1189)
@owlwings ok.That's what you believe.but we muslims believe Adam pbuh was a prophet.His life was a true story. We believe in this verse of quran"O Mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam) and from Him (Adam) He created his wife (Eve), and from them both He created many men and women.” (Quran 4:1). and thank you for your comment.
• Nairobi, Kenya
I have too much hair on my body which makes me think that we indeed evolved from monkeys. Lol
@NoorNoor (1189)
Lol..but we have brain which is smarter than monkeys!!
• Nairobi, Kenya
@NoorNoor oh yes :)
@1hopefulman (29965)
To me, Adam and Eve is not a theory but history. God created man and woman and here we are. I have no reason to doubt God.
@NoorNoor (1189)
Yes.I too have no reason to doubt God.
• Pamplona, Spain
I buy into the theory we are all here and no matter who or what we are supposed to be related to what really matters is how we live our lives and what we do with it.
@NoorNoor (1189)
okay.But if research find that we came from Adam and eve pbut,what will be your opinion?
• Pamplona, Spain
@NoorNoor The same if that is where we came from we came from there and that is it. Its not something that really bothers me for myself.
@NoorNoor (1189)
@lovinangelsinstead21 okay.That's fine.
I believe science
@NoorNoor (1189)
I think science is too slow.it does not find this100% which is a basic thing. Lol