Downpour shopping!

As stated in my first post today.. that was done a few hours ago.. it started downpouring shortly after my mom, brother and I left the house. Well, we got what we wanted and more from BJ's then booked it to the car in the downpour, while everyone else (mostly old people) stood in the doorway. Then we got my brother, hit the ice cream parlor, and dropped my brother at a friends. Before coming home, we stopped at SHAW'S to get more 12pks of pepsi and Hawaiian punch, as the $1.88 for 5 sale ends tomorrow. Along with the .79 2liter cokes when buy 10, that end tomorrow too.. we got 20 . And some other things. Well, it was still downpouring when we walked out so since the car was right by the end of the stores porch, I took my flip flops off pulled up my pants and started loading the car myself. Then did the same when we got home, while my mom put the stuff from the door to the kitchen. I was soaked. So changed my clothes and threw them in the dryer. And now we're going back out to get what's still needed for our lasagna dinner so we can get it started. Then I will shower when it's cooking before my friend and the kids get here, because no idea if we'll lose power later or not. Just hope we don't between now and 530 so we can have our dinner! -- Hope you're all staying dry!
It has rained so much this summer! It is raining now as I write this. It rained yesterday as well. I have to pick up ricotta cheese tomorrow so I can make vegetarian zucchini lasagna for myself Friday for dinner. I am going to make zucchini carrot apple bread as well for my kids and I.
It's barely rained all summer here. Barely been hot too. Mostly cloudy and cold or sunshine and cold. Never hears of either.
@Courtlynn Oh wow here it rained so much it broke records of rain fall amounts for the year
@shaggin woww. Yeah it only rained yesterday, and the one time in july where our car got flooded, and maybe 2 other times it rained only a bit.
@Srbageldog (8379)
Are you guys in the path of the hurricane?
Come this weekend, part of the state is supposed to get hit. Not sure if we are part of it or not. Nut getting thunder and rain either way
@Courtlynn I hope you guys aren't hit! That's so scary. I'll be keeping you guys in my thoughts and hope that the hurricane passes you by.
@Srbageldog thanks! But dont think we will besidea the usual
Thankfully I am. Raining here too. It was raining on my way home from getting my hair done, had stopped by the time I got home, and now it's pouring again, so I didn't get wet, thankfully. I hope your dinner turns out good for your friend and her kids.
If we didnt have to leave the house all day, I would've stayed dried. But had food to get and brother to take places.
@Courtlynn I've had days like that when getting out in the weather is unavoidable.
@just4him yeah. Sucks but gotta do it
Oh dear is it the hurricane rain coming up that way already Courtney?
Maybe. Not sure.
It just started raining here. Enjoy your dinner and hope you don't lose your power.
Thanks. Didn't lose it thankfully.
We have been getting the same weather here all day. Lots of rain!! Enjoy your lasagna.
Oh yes, tons. Thanks i did.
I hope you don't lose power and you enjoy the rest of your day. =)
Thanks. No power lost and i did.
dry as in nsouthern Calif where we had one sprinkle of rain in filve or silx months shoo some of t atrain this way lol lol lol
Take it. Two hours of downpour is enough lol
@fearjp (383)
It's still sunny and dry here and hot as well lol but I do know exactly what's going on lol. When we go to Mexico for a parade or fair they do annually like here the county fair, it is during the rain season. Rainfall can start in seconds, it can start after a light rain, then going from semi rain to downpour. Sometimes it can start as soon as the sky hits gray, from a sunny day to a rainfall. Since my uncle's house and our house is on the way where the streets is unbalance, when it rains there is a flood going on and some rocks are not high enough to jump to get to the other side. When we want to go home, especially when we are in a hurry, we have to step on the water as there's no other choice so we do end up soak and our pants end up wet so we always have to wash our clothes when weather like this occurs.
@Xiasses (337)
You had a great day!
Not really lol. But I'm alive so.